2nd Router disconnecting for 2-4 seconds from main Router and then reconnecting.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2nd Router disconnecting for 2-4 seconds from main Router and then reconnecting.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-22 13:26:07
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 170822

I have set up a second Router to extend the wifi range of my Main Router to my room. I'm unable to connect the second Router with cable so I'm forced to use WDS Bridging. Now sometimes when I'm connected to my second Router the connection suddenly disconnects and I'm still connected to the Router but I have no Internet. Then after 2-4 seconds, the internet returns. when I'm playing a game Online this is a big problem because of a small disconnect like this is I am thrown out of a lobby or something similar happens. I don't think the Main Router causes the Problem, because it did not occur when I connected to it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:2nd Router disconnecting for 2-4 seconds from main Router and then reconnecting.
2019-12-23 08:26:13

@Owling 

Hello, do you use the Archer C20 as the second router to boost the wifi signal?

How far away between the Archer C20 and the main router? Try to move them closer and adjust some wireless settings of the main router to optimize the wireless performance.

Besides, please ensure that the Archer C20 has the latest firmware. 

And to be honest, compared with wired connection, the performance of the wireless connection will be weaker due to the interference/obstacles; so if possible, it is suggested  to connect the Archer C20 to the main router by wired cable and configure it as the access point. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c20/#video 

May it help. 

Options
Re:2nd Router disconnecting for 2-4 seconds from main Router and then reconnecting.
2019-12-23 10:21:41
Yes I had one lying around so now I'm using it to boost the wifi signal. There is a wall between the Routers and the distance should be around 5-7 meters. The only adjustment to wireless settings I did was changing the channel. What else could I do to improve the stability? Well I actually don't mind the weaker Signal but I just want the signal to be stable.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1249

Replies: 2

Related Articles