New HS107 Double sided Smart Plug Schedules NOT working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-22 15:37:56 - last edited 2019-12-22 15:41:30
Model: HS107  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0.8

I too like others are having problems getting the schedule of my just purchased HS107 new smart plug working. The on and off works so I know my phone application is connecting. I have deleted the schedule and readded it still not working. I turned off the device by unplugging and replugging and then ensured a schedule some 10 minutes later was set to turn it on and it still does not work.  When I added and connected the device at first I believe it did a firmware update. Whether it completed I don't know and hope that did not mess things up.  HS107 has Time Zone correct for US EASTERN but the last SYNCED time does not seem to always keep moving as quick as the device time.  IS Sync setting the schedule? Right now the Device and Sync times always seem to be 3 or so minutes apart i.e. 10:32am NY time for sync with device time at 10:35am.

Kasa I thought you had this all down working for such plugs?  There was no other firmware waiting fort HS107 as of right now.

UPDATE: now sync and device time are more than 7 minutes apart an d so I am wondering if one is trying to test a near current time test of say 5 minutes after current time and sync is not working until say 10 minutes later the schedule is of no use since the sync is taking so long to tell the device and by the time it does the schedule test time passes and the device will not turn on.

NOTE: I also have 3 other HS105 plugs that work without issue and am afraid to update their firmware I noticed is read for HS105 because maybe it might break them too.

I also have one of the light bulbs and noticed that some time months ago only the sunset and sunrise schedule worked and not the timed schedule which I left it at.  Maybe I will see if the HS107 only too works on sunrise and sunset in its broken software/hardware current state.

Options
12 Reply
Re:New HS107 Double sided Smart Plug Schedules NOT working
2019-12-22 16:06:02 - last edited 2019-12-22 16:08:51

@imanjunk So I tried another test. I synced the time sync and it updated. I set a new schedule to turn on at 11am this morning NY time. It is now 11:05 or so and the SYNC time for device says 11:02am, device time 11;04 and the light connected to the HS107 right plug did not come on. And yes I checked the physical device to ensure neither side was on to ensure I did not apply the schedule to the wrong plug causing no simple 100w light bulb to come on. So the scheduling feature in deed DOES ONT work by time. I don't know if sunset or sunrise settings work. PLEASE FIX THIS KASA or I will return my products before the end of January.

Also pushing the button to manually turn the light on does work so its all talking to it in my home and even if I am NOT on wifi but cell data internet.

Options
2019-12-22 16:48:08 - last edited 2019-12-22 18:27:45

@imanjunk

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST BELOW:  after reading other suggestions I set the time zone to another and then back. My smart bulb now correctly shows the right time for SUNSET like the plugs of 4:27 in the device list. And when I then changed the schedule to 7:00PM instead of sunset that now properly shows 7:00PM in the device list for the bulb.

HOWEVER the new HS107 plugs still have no times of any kind showing in the device list and so schedule setup is still not working.

Original Post:

I also just noticed that the HS107 devices in the phone applications DEVICE LIST and The DEVICE under the name DOES NOT SHOW AN ON SCHEDULE time unlike the other 3 x HS105 and the light bulb devices which does have such information and yes the H107 has a schedule set.  So the HS107 has issues with this android phone app v2.18.0 BUild 900.

My bulb is scheduled for ON time of SUNSET and time under device name shows 1:27pm which is wrong.  AND I noticed after my time sync it still shows device time of 8:45am when it is 11:45 am so its 5hrs off.  Again this explains maybe why the time schedule setting does not work but does not explain why the H107 does not work also.

Device times for these below devices are correct.

My H105 plug1 is scheduled for ON time of SUNSET and time under device name shows 4:27p which seems right.

My H105 plug2 is scheduled for ON time of SUNSET and time under device name shows 4:27pm which seems right.

My H105 plug3 is scheduled for ON time of 05:30pm and time under device name shows 05:30pm which is right.

My H017 plug left side is scheduled for 11:25AM test ON time and has no time shown in device list and did not come on.

My H107 plug right side is schedule for 11:28AM test ON time and has no time shown in device list and did not come on.

And yes my time zone is set correctly and for all devices shows right times

Options
2019-12-25 16:21:29

@imanjunk For any TP Link Community support trying to answer my question the very first post shows the firmware and such information. I paste here again. I still can not get scheduling to work whether specific time or sunset or sunrise etc. I can enter it on the android application but it does not work on device. I can manually turn on and off the plugs using android application without issue and can see the device in my list. The times are syncd etc..

Model: HS107
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0.8
Options
2019-12-26 19:32:00

@imanjunk Hi i have the same exact scehduling issue with 2 new HS107 that I bought a week ago - schedule is not working at all.

My other 4 x HS105 are working very good. 

I don't see any answer from TP-Link about this issue. I think I will return both.

Thanks.

Options
2019-12-26 23:51:52

@Willy_013 HS107 seems to be a fairly new product in 2019 but one would think they have the coding for the application down and at least tested properly BEFORE shipping the plug and the app support. But how knows today what is done for shoddy programming. Unless the hardware plug itself is a problem but seems odd now that 3 are all bad. I still wait on them to reply. They emailed me on another path I went but I can't email them back as the pictures I included they asked for got bounced for email.

Options
2019-12-29 16:28:51

@imanjunk TP LINK company will youi tell us if you have a fix for your scheduling function that does not owrk on HS107 dual plug devices? Otherwise it seems we all return them and not buy your products anymore. I have supplied you with all information about your application version, device type and etc. WE CUSTOMERS should not be testing your bad product application tools and it seems several of us have exact same issue. If you dont fix then NO MORE TP PRODUCTS for me either!  I tried to email you and all the emails did not go through with yet more pictures you asked about my device and unfortunately the community here wants specific picture types which now you cause ME WORK to prove to you your product is not working and broke. Tell your test team to do proper testing of the product and application! Otherwise you will lose customers and get bad reputation for product support and so why we will NOT bother to buy TP LINK products.  I await your response!

Options
2019-12-29 16:36:02

Here are the pictures of device information as well as application information you requested from me by email which it seems email did not make it to you and was denied including your support email.

@imanjunk 

Options
2019-12-29 18:10:40 - last edited 2019-12-29 18:14:11

@imanjunk 

I managed to get them to work both. 

This is what I did. 

*Deleted both devices from my account

*with the device power on hold both buttons on the device for 10 the 15 seconds or until the center led blink orange/green (blink very quickly)

*add the device as a new device again and configure. 

Note: seems that with the last app update you will only see the scheduled time that could occurs during the day, for example if you have schedule to turn it on at sunrise and the current time is noon, the schudule will not show up below the device only from midnight an before sunrise. 

Give it a try, worked for me. 

BTW I couldn't find any documentation in tplink support page of how to factory reset the HS107, I just guess holding both buttons. 

Thanks

Options
2019-12-29 21:31:48 - last edited 2019-12-29 22:01:57

@Willy_013 Thanks for noting your experience and will remove and retry adding the device. Oddly otherwise the devicesin general show the next on time but only show the off time whether by hour directly scheduled or i.e by sunset and sunrise does not who the cut off time once the units turn on for the day. So if i have 7pm on and 2am off...it only shows 7pm under the device and will never show the 2am which was the other oddities I was bringing up to TP company. Also in having even those times show on the same day its not always present. Some days none are showing and then magically they show up under the device for the planned on time. But still never the planned off time that is into the next day. Seems like all shoddy testing by whoever is creating this application being an IT guy myself.  Stay tuned on my readd of my HS107.

UPDATE: I removed and readded the HS107 and immediately the device shows the schedule time to turn on under its name.  So it seems that a reinstall did the trick. Thanks again.

Note when I at first removed the plug device from the network and application the power on each side of the plug turned on abruptly on its own. 

And I have to say unless your the TP link support guy which I doubt what is the point of this community if the company rep themselves are not chiming in on things to try. Seems like terrible support to me.

Options
2019-12-29 22:13:28 - last edited 2019-12-29 22:14:51

@imanjunk 

Correct, I think the shows schedule under devices changed after the app update, is now showing just the upcoming event on the same day. not all the ones configured as used to be and also if you set sunset will show the time of the sunset fot your timezone. 

In my case I have configured plug 1 ( Christmas Lights) to power on at sunset and turn off at 11:59pm. Right now are 2pm so under device will only show the incoming schedule that is 4:44pm (sunset in my timezone) after 4:44pm the schedule unde my device will change and will only shows 11:59pm. If I set to turn off at 12:00 am it will not show the event under device because currently is not the same day. 

It will show up at 12:00am and automatically process the event and will desapear and show the incoming event that is power on at 4:44pm.

Give it a try. I think the problem that these devices were launched with the previous firmware and the firmware  update is not working as should and a factory reset with the new firmware is necessary. 

I'm an IT guy too and really sucks when companies rush updates without the proper testing process, in deed we don't register as a beta testers for their products. 

Let me know if your HS107 works after the factory reset works for you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2695

Replies: 12