Setup Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setup Help
Setup Help
2019-12-23 14:28:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi i am not a tech savy person. i just know the basics. what is the best way to setup my deco m5 whole home wifi? i read that there is a router mode and and access point mode? what is the difference between the two? i play online games and currently am experiencing some packet loss in game but internet test speeds show i get a constant 30 mbps with about 5ms ping. when i check the app and check the 2 slave decos they are both connected to the main unit which is connected to the main internet modem. is it possible to connected the slave deco to the other slave deco (ex. A to B to C) as my 3rd unit is quite distant from the main unit. many thanks and i am hoping for helpful respones

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup Help
2019-12-24 02:08:44

@Chewy93 

Hello, for the difference between router mode and AP mode, please read https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2399/.

It seems that the signal strength obtained by the 3rd unit does not reach the threshold value which failed to trigger AP steering. You can move them further away between each other; and try to reboot the 3rd unit and verify whether it will connect to the 2nd slave unit. 

Still the same, you can turn off the main Deco and reboot  the 3rd unit to make it connect to the 2nd slave Deco and then turn on the first main one. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 1

Related Articles