I want to close wireless transmission from my rage extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-23 18:04:21

Hello there,

i want to close wireless transmission from my  "TP-Link TL-WA860RE Wi-Fi Range Extender 300 Mbps", i connect to my computer with a cable so its useless and unhealthy

i didnt find something into the site (http://tplinkrepeater.net/) only wifi coverage..

Options
5 Reply
Re:I want to close wireless transmission from my rage extender
2019-12-24 03:26:23

@Helpneeder3 

Hello, there is only one ethernet port available on the TL-WA860RE, considering you have connected your computer  to it by wired cable, that means the extender connects itself to the main router by wireless to boost the wifi signal. Therefore, the wifi function cannot be disabled; otherwise, the extender would stop working.

In other word, the wifi function cannot be disabled on the extender. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-24 13:24:49

@Kevin_Z in my friends house the situation is same,but from his laptop,phone etc he cant see the tp link extender to connect in it.

so the tp link take the signal from my friends router but it didnt transmit it for other devices

Options
2019-12-25 05:48:52

@Helpneeder3 

What is the led status of the TL-WA860RE now? 

With computer connected to the extender by wired cable, can it access internet? 

Below is the instruction to setup the extender you can reset it and reconfigure. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wa860re/#video 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/698/ 

May it help. And Merry Christmas. 

Options
2019-12-28 12:03:12

@Kevin_Z i tried to connect from my phone with cable connected and without it but it didnt work..so maybe it just show me the extender but it doesnt work...so i havent problem with my tp link device irradiation i think (?)... maybe in the future i'll try to resetup it to see if something will change..

thnx for your time all the best and a happy new year.

Options
2019-12-30 09:32:27

@Helpneeder3 

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear that it does not work.

You can reset and reconfigure it with the main router's wifi password to set it up.

Any updates, please let us know.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 715

Replies: 5