It's there a way to block ssh login or impede commands on Archer CR500?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-24 00:11:18 - last edited 2020-01-07 20:40:39
Model: Archer CR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0.0 Build 20160829 Rel249990

When I connect the cable modem, after some time internet stop working, everything seems fine, I've doble check, but I think someone is hacking or connecting to the device and executing commands on it, because it start DROPing outgoing traffic from LAN. I think they are creating rules on cable modem so it DROPs all outgoing packets. I still have access to the cable modem, I restart it, after it's rebooted, all looks fine, Network access is allowed, IP and Conectivity, but ping, traceroute, doesn't go past cable modem, so i've to reset it everytime and it start working again.

Can someone help me, please!!!

*** UPDATE January 7, 2020

Actually, I contact with a technician, We called to my ISP, ask them to change the public IP address, do a ping (I've clone the mac address of the ISP Router), my ISP recived the upstream/downstream signal levels OK, the provisioning were OK. The technician accessed the web admin page, verified that the Archer CR500 renewed the IP address, that the signal levels were correct, the provisioning and parameters were OK. From outside the LAN, everything looks fine, pings OK, web access OK. But when the technician test outgoing packets from LAN, all of them were being DROP by the Archer CR500. After all the test, the technician also concluded that the Archer CR500 was being set to BLOCK LAN packets, and probably It was through SSH.
Therefore, I'm looking for a way to block SSH remote access, so commands can't be executed on the Archer CR500

Options
2 Reply
Re:It's there a way to block ssh login or impede commands on Archer CR500?
2019-12-24 09:24:30

@kheiner 

From what you mentioned, it seems that the connection is unstable, not somebody is hacking you. 

While you mentioned that you can get internet but cannot ping or traceroute the router after you reboot it, that is a little weird. Please help us to get the information below when the router stops working next time.

1. The led status of the router when it stops working.

2. After you rebooted it, please connect your computer to it and click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

3. Try to ping the gateway and traceroute the router, and please show us the screenshots of the results. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:It's there a way to block ssh login or impede commands on Archer CR500?
2020-01-07 20:40:57

@kheiner 

Actually, I contact with a technician, We called to my ISP, ask them to change the public IP address, do a ping (I've clone the mac address of the ISP Router), my ISP recived the upstream/downstream signal levels OK, the provisioning were OK. The technician accessed the web admin page, verified that the Archer CR500 renewed the IP address, that the signal levels were correct, the provisioning and parameters were OK. From outside the LAN, everything looks fine, pings OK, web access OK. But when the technician test outgoing packets from LAN, all of them were being DROP by the Archer CR500. After all the test, the technician also concluded that the Archer CR500 was being set to BLOCK LAN packets, and probably It was through SSH.
Therefore, I'm looking for a way to block SSH remote access, so commands can't be executed on the Archer CR500

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1383

Replies: 2