Deco M5 Intermittent Internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-24 10:09:17 - last edited 2019-12-24 10:10:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.14

Hi.

Just recently I have been having problems with my Deco M5 units. The wifi is there however when connected, it says that there is no internet access. I have tried resetting the whole network as well as rebooting the deco units and my modem. The error continues to happen. 

Can anyone help me?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Intermittent Internet Connection
2019-12-25 01:56:33

@Aki9308 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting first so that we can  locate the issue and try to fix it later. 

1. What is the current network diagram?
2. What is the led status of the Deco M5 when you lost connection? How do you make it back to work after that?

3. When Deco M5 stops working, with computer connected to the main Deco by wired cable directly, can you access internet? Try to simplify the network diagram, in other word, connect the main Deco to the modem only and then connect your computer to the main Deco to verify whether it works well.

4. If still the same, please connect the computer to the modem, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 
5. Besides, you can try to relocate them and swap the locations of Deco units to give it a go. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/ 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1322

Replies: 1

Related Articles