Archer AX50 dropping the connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-25 07:48:05
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi! My laptop is connected via Ethernet cable. The router is dropping the connection every ~10 minutes.

Any fix for this?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 dropping the connection
2019-12-26 02:14:00

@MichaelPbl 

Hello, thanks for your requesting, we can do some troubleshooting first to narrow down this issue and try to fix it. 

1. What is the led status of Archer AX50 when it lost connection?

2. With computer connected to the AX50 at that time, can you get internet from it? And please click here to get the IP address and gateway. Then login to the web UI of the C5 and get a screenshot of the advanced-status page.

3. To do a comparison analysis, when the Archer AX50 stops working, please connect your computer to the modem directly to test whether you can access internet. 

4. Besides, please tell us the current firmware version. 

Thanks in advance. Have a nice day. 

Options
2019-12-27 03:45:01

@Kevin_Z 

1. Everything was green

2. Yes, I could get internet. The failures doesn't affect workflows not sensitive to the connection quality. Only streaming and online games have issues.

3. I can access internet with another router connected to a modem.

4. FW: 1.0.4 Build 20191021 rel.40149(5553) HW: Archer AX50 v1.0

I have tried to switch my latop to a Wireless connection and connection quality is alittle bit better. I could also see a packet loss icon in most online games I'm playing on different devices (PC and PS4).

I have 12 clients connected to the router.

Options
2019-12-30 06:11:31

@MichaelPbl 

Hello, thanks for your valued reply.

Considering only the streaming and online games have this issue, it is suggested to enable QoS to prioritize the internet traffic of specific online activities, including streaming and online games. You can go to Advanced-QoS page on the web UI to set it up. 

Besides, you can enable UPnP for specfiic devices, like the PS, PS4 to make online games run smoothly. You can go to Advanced-NAT Forwarding-UPnP page to do that. 

If still the same, please show us a screenshot of the ping result where you saw the packet loss. 

May it help, and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-01-03 02:23:19

@Kevin_Z it seems like it is game-specific: I couldn't reproduce with ping. The game shows an icon in the UI for packet loss.

UPnP is on, QoS makes thing worse (for some reason).

It seems like this issue is not router specific, will try to figure it out with game support.

Thank you!

Options
2021-02-02 13:14:44
Hi there! I have the same device and the same problems but with the slight difference that I don't play games or use it for streaming. I'm a software developer, working with quite low level internet consumption. However, the router timeouts at least 3-4 times a day. This is the last result: 15122 packets transmitted, 9103 packets received, 39.8% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 1.060/6.371/4055.326/64.401 ms I tried everything! QOS, enabling only 2.4 or 5G, using it via cable, etc. It's brand new and I just don't know what to do. By the way it's with the latest firmware available. Please, help!
Options
2021-02-04 03:21:47

@TERAX 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Do you mean the issue persists even when you plug the computer directly into the AX50 LAN with cable? Have you every compared this by connecting the same computer to the ISP modem directly? BTW, who is your ISP?

Try to disable the QoS completely on the AX50, on the Tether Homecare page>>QoS, check and ensure it is on the Standard Mode, then get back to the Clients' page, check all the clients connected to the router and ensure the High Priority is disabled.

Options