Can't connect to the extender's wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-25 14:56:15
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, my extender was working when i bought it then awhile ago my Network provider was off or there's no data connection then my Extender didnt come back normal when my network provider was back so i reset it after applying the settings on tether on my phone it always disconnects to the extender's wifi and i noticed that the Power LED is only on. i reseted it many times but the issue still continues, i tried wps but the wifi or signal LED is on but only for 2s or less and still the extender's wifi can be detect but i cant connect it. please help im a kid

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect to the extender's wifi
2019-12-26 06:46:58

@excite 

Hello, from your description, we need reconfigure the RE200 to make it work. 

Please press the reset button or hole for 1s to hard reset the RE200 first. 

Then please follow the instruction below to configure the RE200. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re200/#video

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/702/

Note: Please login to the web UI and use the main router's wifi password to configure the RE200.

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-26 10:21:42

@Kevin_Z 

hi, i already configured it. after applying the settings it automatically disconnect the default WiFi of my RE200 and it conntects to the Host Network instead of the extended wifi. i forget the host network so that it can connect to the extended but it still doesnt connect. when connecting it shows "NETWORK SELECTION DISABLED DISASSOC REASON =1" then it disconnect. everytime i connect the extended it always shows that code to my phone. 

i also noticed that the MAC address doesnt match to the sticker, everything is the same but the last two keys is different. in the sticker its 31 and in my phone it shows 32. 

i already tried WPS, i reseted it many times and i even tried configuring it near the Host network but still it doesnt work. 

i also noticed that when pressing the reset button all LEDS are green except for the WiFi or signal LED. before i think everything lits green so maybe that is useful. 

Options
2019-12-27 10:16:41

@excite 

Thanks for your reply. 

Please connect your computer to the RE200 by wired cable and login to the web UI; after that, please take a screenshot of the settings-status page and send it to us. 

Have you ever tried to change another device to configure this RE200? 

Please tell me the model number of the main router as well.

Regarding to the mac address, it is normal. The mac address printed on the sticker is the LAN mac address, the mac address you saw on the web UI is the mac address of the two wifi bands. It is normal that there is slightly change. 

Good day. 

Options