Deco Mesh Systems - Google Home?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Mesh Systems - Google Home?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh Systems - Google Home?
2020-08-02 09:39:29

@Dreamypuma 

Yes, I'm in the UK.

I'm on the new 1.4 firmware which I only actually updated yesterday.

In the home app, I clicked the top left + button

Then Set Up Device

Then the bottom "works with google" option.

Then the TP-Link Router option (The TP Link KASA I already had that for my KASA smart sockets)

and entered my email account and password for my router.

(annoyed at myself for using such a long and complex password that's an utter pain to type in!)

Then, it actually worked!

Options
2020-08-02 09:45:22

@SnaffyNoo Top man. Thanks for this! 

I've tried something different again. Instead of logging in at the login page presented, I actually went to the three dots at the top on the main login page. 

Opened the page in Chrome, and then logged in. 

I can now see my devices! 

I guess now I just need to work out which of the nodes are in which rooms, to allocate them accordingly. No real way of identifying them. 

I suppose it's not hugely important, given the limited voice functionality. I just like everything in nice organised boxed. 

Options
2020-08-02 10:09:48

@Dreamypuma 

Great news, glad it worked.

As I say, I don't want to turn deco's on/off or turn my wifi off!

if I'm honest the only option I can think would be guest wifi on/off, but again, it's just seconds away from ding that in the app.

(perhaps they can think of other commands that might be worthwhile?)

But so far, the ones I've tried don't see to have worked.

Options
2020-08-02 10:17:40

@SnaffyNoo 

Agreed. I've got the guest WiFi toggling working. The remaining commands just seem to result in a Google search.

At least the key feature I wanted is working. 

My expectations around the integration were limited. Given that it is a promoted feature, and I've bought into Google Home, I may as well have them linked. 

I guess smart value added features is going to be limited on routers. More a nice dinner party trick.

Options
Related Articles