Only some HS100 units cannot connect to my Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-27 01:04:54
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I've had a HS100 for a while and love it (Hardware V2.0 but says V1.1 on back, Software 1.5.5). So I bought 3 more of them.

I recieved the 3 extra units (Hardware V2.0 but says V1.1 on back, Software 1.5.3). I begun setting them up, but only one worked.

The other two failed the setup Kasa setup with the message "Unable to Connect to Your Wi-Fi Network". I factory reset them a bunch of times and kept on trying to no avail.

The next day I plugged one in again and by some miracle it worked. Once they get the error message as stated before they stay in the Wi-Fi green flashing state. But when I plugged this one in it blinked a few times then connected. Still the last of the 3 new ones wasn't working.

I contacted TP-Link support who didn't have any advice for me apart from what I already tried on my router. Such as enabling and disabling AP Isolation (Guest Network) as well as switching the 2.4GHz band of my Wi-Fi to channel 11 (I configure by 2.4GHz network on channel 8). Neither of those helped. I was able to setup the previous 3 units while on channel 8.

I got a replacement unit sent to me for the one that still did not work. This replacement was hardware version 4.0 and firmware version 1.0.2. I've updated the rest of the already working plugs to firmware 1.5.5 and they're still working great.

But now I have 2 HS100's that cannot connect to the Wi-Fi (one HW V2.0 SW V1.5.3 / the replacement HW V4.0 SW V1.0.2). I checked the router to see if they did connect and register with the routers DHCP. Both HS100's which did not work display on the router only as their MAC adress with no IP assigned and no internet connection.

I've tried many locations in the house, tried reseting the devices, tried multiple devices both iOS and Android. Still nothing. As soon as a HS100 gets setup it works perfectly, my first and second unit worked flawlessly, the third to setup on my network worked on a micracle after a day and the last two won't connect to the Wi-Fi and are stuck with a flashing green indicator LED.

This is my last hope to get these working so ANY advice is much appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 608

Replies: 0