Archer 3200 wireless clients not showing in router config, but connected & working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer 3200 wireless clients not showing in router config, but connected & working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-27 02:56:27
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 160116 Rel.29902n

Hello,

I recently setup the c3200. I have about 10 wireless devices connected through it and all work fine. However, under wireless clients only 2 show up, at most i've had 4 appear. The one wired desktop always shows under wired clients. Since everything works, i'm not too concerned. But, if i'd ever like to know if anyone else is connecting or just be more OCD about it i'd like every device to appear in the list. I've never had this issue with any other router before, so i'm very unsure of why this would be? As far as I can tell i'm running the latest firmware, which is older than I expected, released in 2016. 

Thanks for any tips,

Rob.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer 3200 wireless clients not showing in router config, but connected & working
2019-12-30 05:55:01

@RobW 

Hello, may I know what are thses devices? Including their model number and OS version. 

Besides, could you please send us the screenshot of Access Control page? You may go to Advanced---Security---Access control on Archer C3200.

Please send us the screenshot of DHCP IP Pool settings and internet settings page. You may go to Advanced---Network--LAN settings/Advanced--Network--Internet part  to get them.

Besides, have you ever tried  to download the Tether app, can they show up normally? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Archer 3200 wireless clients not showing in router config, but connected & working
2019-12-30 07:32:18 - last edited 2019-12-30 07:33:08

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Here’s a list:

Pixel 3, android 10

Fire hd 8 2018

2 google home minis

1 google home

Lg tv (shows up)

2 IPhone 8

Two Samsung tab A’s, a 2017 model and 2018 model (the 17 is currently showing)

2 telus security cameras https://www.telus.com/en/smarthome-security/security-system-products/security-camera

1 doorbell https://www.telus.com/en/smarthome-security/security-system-products/slimline-doorbell

Possibly a Nintendo switch and wii u (tenants, so unconfirmed if he’s connected them yet)

1 macbook (unsure of os version)

*edited to add 2 ce smart home smart plugs

I currently show a tab A and the tv connected as well as two unnamed devices which I’m assuming might be the cameras. This changes daily as to what shows and doesn’t. so I have about 16 devices connected at any given time.

Thanks for any help.

Any idea if we will ever see a firmware update again for this? I’m starting to think I should have bought a newer product.

Cheers,

Rob.

Options
2019-12-30 07:36:47

@Kevin_Z 

Just saw the tether app question. I logged in and do see most of the devices in there actually. odd that they don't show up via the regular router config.

Thanks for suggesting it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1438

Replies: 3