Can't access AP after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-27 15:00:16 - last edited 2019-12-31 15:03:25
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I wanted to extend my homenetwork. First I had 2 different SSID, but I wanted to extend my Network, just having one SSID.
So i changed the WA901ND to repeater mode. Something went wrong and I had to factory reset the AP. 

Now i see the network, like it is supposed to be after the reset and when i connect to it, I get internet access.

But I can't connect to the web interface. I have tried all possible IPs, not just the one on the belly of the AP. 
When I go to my router, I don't see the AP, but it still routs the traffic over my AP to my Laptop.

Sometimes I see it in the Explorer under Network. When I then go to Properties, it shows me this.

I tried to reset the AP several times, but it doesn't change. I also tried to connect the AP direct to my PC, but it just shows "unidentified network".

I then get one if the 169.x.x.x IP adresses, just like the DHCP of the AP doesn't work anymore. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: It seams that I see the AP under Network Infrastructure, like in the screenshot above, also when it is shut down and unplugged. But after some minutes it vanishes, so maybe it just took a while to update. Also on my Laptop I see it, like this, but on my PC I don't see it at all.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't access AP after reset
2019-12-30 10:37:15

@Flami 

Hello, please power cycle it first and then hold the reset hole for 10s with the access point turns on. 

After that, please connect your computer to the TL-WA901ND and verify whether it obtains valid IP address; if so, you can login to the web UI to change the wifi settings. And connect it back to the router to get internet.

Note: The wireless settings is editable in access point mode. 

Otherwise, you can setup a static IP for your computer and login to the web UI to turn on the DHCP server. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/14/ 

Note: The IP address can be 192.168.0.100, gateway is 192.168.0.254.

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-31 15:04:32 - last edited 2019-12-31 15:06:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, unfortunately I can't even access the AP with a static IP and power cycling changes nothing. :/
I also connected the AP directly over LAN to my PC and it only gets one of these 169.*.*.* adresses, that you get, when there is an unidentified network.
Over LAN the static IP also doesn't work.

Thanks anyways. 

Options
2020-01-03 09:37:38

@Flami 

I see, thanks for your reply. 

If you still cannot access the web UI after we have done these troubleshooting methods, you can contact the retailer or the local tech support to verify whether a replacement is qualified with the serial number and proof of purchase. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2043

Replies: 3