M9 Keeps losing ability to reach internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-29 05:32:23 - last edited 2019-12-29 05:33:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I have a single Deco M9 setup as a router. For the last 2 months it has randomly lost the ability to reach the internet (and has this error in the Deco app).  The cable modem works fine as I can plug it directly into a wired connection and internet works while the Deco can't reach the internet.

The only fix I have found is to unplug the Deco from power and leave it unplugged for 5 minutes. When I plug it back in the Deco is able to reach the internet.

Is the deco unit broken and needs replacing? Or is it the new firmware that came out about the same time this problem started?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:M9 Keeps losing ability to reach internet
2019-12-30 02:39:32

@TpNewb 

Hello, what is the led status of Deco M9 plus when it stops working? At that time, please connect your computer to the Deco M9 plus by ethernet cable directly and then please click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

When Deco M9 plus stops working, please connect your desktop to the cable modem directly and check the IP and gateway. 

After that, please connect your PC to the Deco directly with ethernet cable and clone the MAC address. 

Then you can take some time to test it performance. 

Any updates, please let me know.

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-30 02:40:48 - last edited 2019-12-30 02:48:55

@Kevin_Z 

The light is green on top when the internet starts not working. I only discover the issue when I notice my wifi devices cant get onto the internet. When I cycle the power of the deco the light stays red and I get the error message I posted above. The only way to fix it is if I leave the Deco without power for at least 4-5 minutes, and then when I plug the deco back in the Deco can get on the internet and the light is green.

At the time the deco fails, I have plugged the desktop computer directly into the cable modem, and the desktop computer can get onto the internet without a problem.  Otherwise, the desktop computer is always plugged into the Deco M9 ethernet port.

I have never needed to clone the mac address of a computer to either the Deco unit or prior wifi routers in the last 3 years with this ISP. The Mac address is not tied to the ISP account.

Thanks

Options
2020-01-05 08:08:02

@Kevin_Z  any idea? Or should I call phone support?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 852

Replies: 3