[Feature Request] Increased range of Icons and device types

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-29 20:51:27 - last edited 2019-12-29 20:58:21
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Having just set up my 1st Deco M4 unit today, (which I'm very pleased with so far)

One thing struck me, that seemed a strange ommision due to the Kasa App I use for many many of the TPLink Smart Sockets I own.

The choise of devices, when you are identifying what the item is that's attached to your home netword seems incredibly limited.

Much more so than the TPLink app for the smart sockets.

Would it not be quite simple? to add additional icons to select from and device types?

Some suggestions:

Smart Speaker (For Google Home / Amazon Alexa type devices on WiFi)

TV (For TV's on WiFi)

Smart Sockets (Such as TP-Link HS100 sockets)

Security Camera (for WiFi home security)

Just those four would be a good start :)

Icons and Device Type names for them.

I've had to call my TV's Personal Computers to get an icon that looks like a TV,

And my smart sockets just generic devices.

I know it's nothing really important, but would be nice, esp as a much older Kasa App have more options :)

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:[Feature Request] Increased range of Icons and device types
2019-12-31 06:29:04

@SnaffyNoo 

Thanks for your requesting. 

I do agree with you that specific device icon and device name help us to manage these devices easier. We have noted that and will forward our product department and they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility.

You can keep an eye on official website or the APP for more updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-12 00:36:52
Thank you for the positive reply. Just today I purchased a TP Link Kasa Camera which I added to my DECO M4 Mesh system. Unfortunately, as there is no icon for a camera I just had to use the IOT icon :( At very least, the types of devices TP Link make should be there as icons. Ideally also at least one icon for a Smart Speaker (something in between a Google Home/Amazon Alexa looking image) I would image the vast majority of people with this WiFi also have such devices. Thanks again :)
Options
2021-04-30 02:36:35
I replied on another post. Both of my neighbors were so impressed with the wifi coverage that they purchased the M5 system Also. The one complaint we all have was the generic s for devices types. Being an app developer, I am surprised adding some icons had not been done yet. This really doesn't change the app functionality, this is simply a vanity icon. Can you please have them take a look at adding this. It's been request for years now. I don't want to decompile the app just to add some myself. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1433

Replies: 3

Related Articles