Archer T4U wifi speed drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-30 14:51:56

I have an Archer T4U (it's the newer style, the one that folds out), what I have noticed is that the speed I get with it is very inconsistent, it is generally the same connection quality as my smartphone but it will randomly start dropping connection and suddenly stop being able to provide a download speed above 1 megabit, my smartphone and other devices on our network are unaffected as is wired connection, I frequently have to reset my wireless properties in Windows 10 which sometimes helps, but not always. I also frequently get the dreaded "connected, no internet" message when connected to the wi-fi, again other devices are unaffected. It is plugged into a rear USB3 port, I have tried using a USB extension lead which has only made it worse. 

Any help in solving this will be much appreciated

I have already tried different drivers suggested on here which either don't fix anything or cause the reciever to not be recognised by Windows at all.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer T4U wifi speed drops
2020-01-04 07:19:28

@Daveyh444 

Hello, what is the hardware version of this Archer T4U?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/46/

How far away between the Archer T4U and the main router? And what is the signal strength of the wireless connection? Have you ever tried to move the Archer T4U closer to the main router? 

You can adjust the wireless settings of the main router, like wireless channel and channel width to give it a go.

Besides, you can assign a static IP on the web UI for the Windows 10 computer. 

And may I know which two drivers you have installed? 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-04 14:41:58

It is a V3 one, the driver version is the one supplied on the disc, this is with 3 out of 4 bars on the connection and the dongle is approx. 5 meters away from the router, I generally get good speeds, however the speed keeps randomly dropping but only with this device

Options
2020-01-10 06:03:12

@Daveyh444 

Hello, have you ever tried to reinstall the driver from the official website?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-t4u/#Driver 

You can change another USB port to give it a go as well.

Besides, if it still does not work, you can install the public driver to give it a go. I will message you the download link.

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1688

Replies: 3

Related Articles