AC2300 random link disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC2300 random link disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
52 Reply
Re:AC2300 random link disconnection
2020-05-05 14:50:47

@thornton 

They already contacted me. And he is looking into creating debug firmware so we can see what's going on. He didn't suggested nonsense like many others. So, so far so good 😁

Options
2020-05-05 15:13:04

@LinkMe 

I went through that too. They even attempted a teamviewer session to find out the issue. But it started too late and I had to leave.

Then as we were trying to find a new time to do it again, they said they had other people with such an issue and downgrade will probably fix it.

After my first disconnection I wrote them and they sent me some modified version that I never installed. But if I see the disconnections start getting more frequent again, I will try it.

Options
2020-05-05 15:21:32

@thornton 

Well, just try it. It will help everyone.

Options
2020-05-05 22:16:12

@LinkMe 

Well yes, but it's not like a new firmware. it's the old one with some modification from what I understand. Doesn't really solve it for you as you are not interested in old FW.

Options
2020-05-05 22:36:41

@thornton 

Okey, well there's no way am downgrading. Then they simply have to refund me.

Options
2020-05-06 08:19:08 - last edited 2020-05-06 08:21:23

@thornton 

Just got a beta firmware and just flashed it. I did not do a factory reset to start with. So much to configure. See screenshot for details. I just notice. We don't have the same router. Maybe that's why I got a beta so quick. 

File:
Public.pngDownload
Options
2020-05-06 16:23:06

@LinkMe 

I saw on another routeur with similar issue that it could come from the SPI Firewall

Honestly i dont know much more what to attempt myself; i even reinstalled my OS to fix any potential corrupted driver

Seems that so far i have some success, it's been 2h (usually i crash every exact hour) without any problem...

I'll pray that it lasts...

Options
2020-05-06 16:37:42 - last edited 2020-05-06 16:40:17

@thovra 

That's is interesting. Perhaps a month ago I started using Microsofts "Your Phone Companion" app to forward my notifications from the phone to my PC.

The SPI firewall handles traffic and it might be that the method used by the app above causes a bug in the SPI FW that in turn crashes the dhcp routine on the router.

This is just speculation ofc. But it would explain this issue came from nowhere when no settings on the router has been changed.

In anyway it's more information we had before. I have a feeling that this beta they gave me solves the issue. We'll see.

BTW, what you mean by crash every hour? You get disconnected from the internet or Windows crashes? If the latter it was most definitely there latest update, so you might not want to install that one at this moment.

Options
2020-05-06 17:00:40

@LinkMe 

It's a weird pattern, either exactly at HH:30 or HH:00 all my devices sharing the network with my desktop will loose connection

Basically windows will say only Wifi in range, indeed my routeur is visible but a minute will be needed to reconnect

I assumed my desktop could be root cause of sort since it's the comon issue; it's always the band i'll be using that stops...

Routeur doesnt show a sign of difference nor in Logs or LEDs

That's why i tried an OS reset; doesnt cost me much and helped other issues.

Right now it's 20:00 where i am and its the third plain hour i crossed without issue since i turned it off

Options
2020-05-07 08:29:32

@LinkMe 

Ah, I thought we have the same one. Which one do you have.

Also guess what, just as this thread got back to life my router responded by unsynching again last night. I woke up this morning and saw it was disconnected 5 hours earlier.

Pulled out the ethernet WAN and resplugged it and it synced again.

I think I'll install that modified firmware soon.

Options
Related Articles