Deco m4 Ethernet and wireless capped at 100 Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco m4 Ethernet and wireless capped at 100 Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Deco m4 Ethernet and wireless capped at 100 Mbps
2020-11-25 21:42:06

@Aldert 

I have the same problem. With my Laptop, I get a 1Gbps connection with my ISP provider, 1 Gbps with Deco M4, but if I connect the ISP router to the Deco, their connection is established to 100 Mbps.  I have use always the same cable, and the same ports.

I have bought M4 because I have a DECO E4, and its Ethernet is Fast Ethernet and not a Gigabit Ethernet. If it doesn´t work, I would have to return the M4. 

Is it not possible to force the Ethernet of the DECO to 1 Gbps?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Options
2020-11-25 22:13:27

@Daniel-v I have changed the setup of my network, so it's no longer an major issue, the M4 is always at an endpoint and does not connect to another switch via its second port. The deco M4s simply don't play nice with many switches. Not even sure if they work properly with their own cheap 5 port gbit switch. 

Options
2020-11-26 06:40:44

@Daniel-v 

Good day,

Could you please wait for a while?

If you would like to spend more time, we would like to collect some basic information and forward your case to our senior engineers:

1. Did the connection map like: ISP---ISP router---M4---other devices?

---Did the M4 work on the wireless router mode?---if yes, could you please switch it to access point mode to see if the speed is improved?

---If possible, please try to switch a different Deco as the main Deco to have a look;

1. Were both wireless and Ethernet speed capped to 100m/s?

---have you checked the wireless and Ethernet link speed, such as:

On wireless clients: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

On wired clients: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/

Thank you very much!

Wait for your reply.

Options
2020-11-26 06:46:31

@Aldert 

Good day,

Would you mind helping us collect more details for further analysis:

1. How is the M4 connected into your network system and could you please help me draw a simple topology for that?
  2. Have you tested the speed when the M4 Is on the access point mode?
  3. Could you please also check the link speed on the devices when they are connected to the M4 to make sure link speed is not the problem?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-11-26 07:16:34

@TP-Link when you provide me with a firmware that displays the negotiated link speed per deco unit I will do so. Now the exercise is pointless. As others have pointed out as well, the autonegotation of your devices is failing and a firmware that shows the link speed is required. Next time I will just buy a netgear orbi system.

Options
2020-11-27 07:24:21
E4 is capped at 100 Mb, M4 has gigabit ports, please check whether the router from which you are connecting to deco has a gigabit lan port or not. I have the M4R 3 decos and I encountered this issue after setting up some devices from QoS at 100 Mb.
Options
2020-11-27 07:43:06

@Florin84  it's an M4, all gigabit. It just doesn't do the autonegotiation very well.

Options
2020-12-04 15:40:10

@Aldert 

Thanks for your reply.

My solution has been connected it to a switch. So, m4 is connected to the switch and my iSP to the same switch, and then it is not an incompatibility problem

Regards,

Daniel

Options
2020-12-04 15:50:09

@TP-Link 

My connection was the following: ISP-ISRP_ROUTER-M4-M4

I tried to interchange M4 devices, and I got the same result.

I have partially solved the problem, putting a switch between ISP ROUTER and M4. So it works at a 1 Gbps speed.

Now, I have the following: ISP-ISP_ROUTER-Switch-M4-M4

The only thing, that I cann´t solve is that in QoS Window in DECO app, I cann´t put a higher speed than 100 Mb/s.

Do you know how to solve this?

I would like a solution that let me remove the switch.

Best Regards,

Options
2020-12-04 15:56:11
Sorry, it is an incompatibility problem
Options