TP-Link TLPA8010P Adaptors stopped working - no lights - no network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-07 13:14:18 - last edited 2020-01-09 06:58:15
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.2

PROBLEM:

I have six TP-Link TLPA8010P Adaptors in my Powerline network and three of them mysteriously stopped working overnight.

I tried rejoining the powerline network using the one second button press on a working adaptor and then a one second button press on the broken adaptor and this did not work. The lights flashed for two minutes and then went out.  I then tried resetting the adaptors completely using the six second button press and then tried rejoining the network again. Still not working.

SOLUTION:

The solution was to use the tpPLC Utility available at https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/tl-pa8010p-kit/#Utility. On the back of each Powerline adaptor is printed a Powerline Key. I made a note of all the keys of the non-working adaptors. I then plugged them into a wall sockets ready for joining to the network. Once the tpPLC application was running and the computer was connected to a working adaptor, in the application I clicked on "Add a Device". For each non working device I entered the Powerline key printed on the back of the device and click the OK button. The Powerline adaptors then joined to the powerline network and started working again. Success!

I hope this post is useful to anyone with the same problem.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link TLPA8010P Adaptors stopped working - no lights - no network-Solution
2020-01-09 06:58:09 - last edited 2020-01-09 06:58:15

@AdamG 

Hello, thanks a lot for your sharing, it helps a lot. 

As you mentioned, except pairing them via the pair button, tpPLC utility is a good choice to pair them.

Below is the instruction you customers can refer to: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

Good day. 

(Considering the original post cannot be marked as resolved, we would mark the reply and hope your post can help others). 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TLPA8010P Adaptors stopped working - no lights - no network-Solution
2020-01-09 06:58:09 - last edited 2020-01-09 06:58:15

@AdamG 

Hello, thanks a lot for your sharing, it helps a lot. 

As you mentioned, except pairing them via the pair button, tpPLC utility is a good choice to pair them.

Below is the instruction you customers can refer to: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

Good day. 

(Considering the original post cannot be marked as resolved, we would mark the reply and hope your post can help others). 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 7227

Replies: 1