DNS Server Change makes it unusable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-07 23:28:29
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.19.1

Hello,

I have a big problem with this Router.

I changed the DNS Server to use a local DNS Server but after this action, the router was unusable.

The Network Connection was away on any device. It was the whole connection and not only the connection to the internet.

I was unable to ping the device by cmd and the LED on the top turned from blue to red.

So what is wrong with it? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:DNS Server Change makes it unusable
2020-01-08 02:33:35

@AngryUser112 

Hello, what is the local DNS server you setup? 

Have you tried to use the original DNS server or change it to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4? Does it work properly? 

May I know why do you want to use the local DNS server? Any specific requests? 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:DNS Server Change makes it unusable
2020-01-08 06:43:04

@Kevin_Z 

The problem is that the Router doesn't do anything after changing the DNS server. I can't change it back. I can just do a factory reset with the button on the router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 672

Replies: 2

Related Articles