HS100 - Can't get Sunset to work properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-08 20:28:11
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

I have been using my HS100 very sucessfully to control a lamp in my hall - originally coming on at 4pm and switching off at 11.30pm (using the schedule facility). It all worked perfectly.

However, I've recently changed things to make the start time be sunset, which is currently 4.20pm in the UK. Despite the time and location settings being correct and synced, the HS100 is determined to switch on at 6.10pm ie nearly 2 hours after sunset.

I've tried changing various settings including timezone and location but it remains stuck on about 6.10pm (moving by a minute or so each day as one would expect). Time zones are interesting - I'm currently using the one labelled GMT, although there appear to be several for the UK eg Europe/London, GB, GB-Eire, GMT+0, GMT-0, GMT0, and Greenwich. Are they all the same and is there one which changes automatically to BST in the summer - ie which is the best one to use?

Would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this.

Many thanks.

PS Sorry, not sure where to find the firmware version

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS100 - Can't get Sunset to work properly
2020-01-11 16:50:27 - last edited 2020-01-11 16:51:46

@Victor_Delta After a couple of days switching on at around 6.10pm, the HS100 has suddenly, and all by itself, changed the sunset time to 4.25pm which is much closer to the correct sunset time. I can live with this although the facility to have an offset time would be great.

I would still be interested in anyone's comments on the best time zone to use for the UK (as per my previous post) ie one which automatically changes between GMT and BST at the appropriate times of year.

Thanks.

Options
Re:HS100 - Can't get Sunset to work properly
2020-01-11 21:57:31

I also have this difficulty using schedule, among others.

I have already overcome the question of "time not sync", changing the time zone more than once (it is not understood why must be this way) but the "schedule" function still does not work and I could not determine if there is any time difference between what is programmed and the time it would eventually be activated.

A real pain in the ass these brand logics.

By the way, how can we paste text in this forum using an android device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 895

Replies: 2