Extending whole home deco with N300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-09 03:52:53

Hello, I have a Whole Home Deco system (3Decos) configured as a router. It's working great. I need to extend the Wi-Fi a long distance outdoors to a greenhouse and configured a N300 outdoor extender for the job. It works briefly but keeps dropping out. As I can't verify what channel my Decos are using I can't duplicate the N300 to that channel. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me get the extender to work consistently with the Decos? TIA for any help

Options
2 Reply
Re:Extending whole home deco with N300
2020-01-10 01:25:07

@Oldcowdad 

Hello, what is the model number of the Deco and the N300 outdoor extender? 

There is no option to fix the channel of the Deco units yet, while we can do some troubleshooting about the unstable connection. 

What is the current network diagram? Can you get internet from the Deco when the outdoor extender stops working? 

Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings on the outdoor extender to optimize its performance? 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Extending whole home deco with N300
2020-01-10 02:16:00

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for getting back to me Kevin. The Decos are AC1200, m4 and the extender is a WAVLINK WL-WN570HN2 outdoor extender.

The Decos work well without the extender, and most often with it running, however at times they do seem to drop out entirely when I change settings on the extender. It's intermittent though and I can't seem to nail down what makes them drop out. 

It's a very basic home network. ISP router Ethernet to main Deco, Extender Ethernet to Deco. All clients are configured through the Decos. I disabled WiFi on the ISPs router but it's still functioning as a router. I tried running it as a bridge and using the Decos as the only router to avoid double NAT but once I do that I lose connection with the ISP. I called them to work with them and they said they don't support that mode so I guess I'm stuck running it as a router. It works great though except getting signal through the extender.

Options