Installation of Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Installation of Deco P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Installation of Deco P9
Installation of Deco P9
2020-01-09 13:35:55
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

In the initial installation. the first unit I have plugged in directly to the modem it then asks the type of connection and i believe there were 3 options to choose from. I wasn't sure which to choose so I choose dynamic. Is that the best choice? or in choosing the different or wrong connection types will that enhance or decrease wifi coverage and speed? I'm using my own modem I returned the cable company's modem (avoiding the rental fee)

Please let me know your thoughts

Options
2 Reply
Re:Installation of Deco P9
2020-01-10 02:04:37

@Salvstar 

Hello, the connection type won't affect the wifi coverage area, instead, it is related to the configuration, whether you can access internet. 

The connection type is given by ISP, if you can can access internet with computer connected to the modem directly, then with the main Deco connected to the modem and configure it, you can choose dynamic IP.

May it help. 

Options
Re:Installation of Deco P9
2020-01-10 11:22:10

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to keep bothering you, I'm not sure if I'm understanding.

So once I connect my laptop directly to the modem what am I suppose to do then? I believe I can only connect to the modem once device at a time but I'll have to look at the modem. 

Can I call my cable company to find out the connection type?

What exactly is Dynamic connection?

I do have WiFi and maybe I'm overthinking the installation process. I guess I just want to make sure I have everything set up as best as possibly can.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 2

Related Articles