Slow internet on Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow internet on Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow internet on Deco M5
Slow internet on Deco M5
2020-01-10 07:46:53
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have upgraded my internet connection from a 100/100 to a 1000/1000 download/upload. 

When i test my net, average speed is between 80-100 mbity download and 150 mbit upload. The fastest i have achieved is 200 mbit download just 1 meter away from the main deco.

I know that i will not be able to get 1000/1000 on wifi, but since i have invested in Deco m5 i expect at least 3-400 mbit download on the wifi. 

My setup is as follows:

Fiberbox -> Router -> Lan cable to main deco, lan cable to the to other decos. 

The network is setup as router mode, and not access point, and i have disabled both 2,4 ghz and 5 ghz wifi on the main router provided from my internet supplier. 

What to do? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Slow internet on Deco M5
2020-01-13 09:05:13

@Moib04ae 

Hello, the Deco M5 works in router mode, what about the fritzbox and router? 

Please connect your computer to the main deco by wired cable/wireless separately and test the speed you can get from it. And please click here to get the wired/wireless negotiation speed.
Note: Please show us a screenshot of the speed test result.

Try to run the speedtest on the Deco APP and show us the results. 

Besides, please uncheck obtain DNS automatically and change the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 under advanced>>IPv4>>Internet connection type page and click save.

Or you can disable fast roaming and setup application QoS as standard and clear all the high priority rules. 

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it works.

May it help and have a great day.

Options
2020-01-14 14:42:36

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin

Thanks for replying. Attached you will find the pictures you have asked for. As you can see there is a huge discrepancy between wired, wireless, results from the deco app and results from speedtest.net

Options
2020-01-15 03:18:06

@Moib04ae 

Thanks for your valued reply. 

There is one more thing need to be confirmed. 

Please connect the main Deco to the router directly with slave Deco units unplugged and then connect your computer to the main Deco by wired cable and wireless to test the actual speed you can get. 

Note: Please show us the screenshot of the test results. 

In the meantime, please show us the wired/wireless negotiation speed you can get of the tested device. 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-01-16 16:09:43

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin. I have now bought a switch and connected the slave units to the switch. Main deco is connected to the switch and to the router from the internet company.

i have also deleted my WiFi and re-installed, and now with all decos wired, I get 265 mbit download and 413 mbit upload.

that is still way to little.

should I return them?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1642

Replies: 4

Related Articles