Deco M5 Firmwsre Update v1.4 available 10 Jan 2020

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Firmwsre Update v1.4 available 10 Jan 2020

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
68 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Firmwsre Update v1.4 available 10 Jan 2020
2020-01-13 03:39:48

@Rioja 

Hello, what about the current operation mode of the Deco? 

With main Deco connected to the modem directly, and slave Deco unplugged, can you duplicate this issue? 

Besides, try to turn off main Deco and turn on the modem and slave Deco only, then please verify whether you get the same issue. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 10:22:33

@Brook 

1:led status of all deco units is green,they just disconnects from internet for a few seconds and comes back on for few seconds

sometimes speed tests can be completed at full speed,most of the time they get disconnected in the middle of testing or just has really slow speeds!

2: PPPoE . But no vlan or iptv enabled...ipv6 and beamforming is enabled.i also tried testing without them..

3:all decos stays connected but they have the same problem!

Tried connecting directly to the computer via ethernet,but just like on wifi,the internet gets disconnected every few seconds!

Options
2020-01-13 10:28:17

@Brook 

4:all devices face the same issues(test three phones,a tablet and a desktop)

5:qos,parental controls, antivirus all are on default settings! 

I reset it,rebooted,toggled almost all settings on and off!😑 

Options
2020-01-13 10:34:07

@Kevin_Z  Also i have the same problem getting notifications of new devices that aren't new to the network over and over again. My system consists of four m5 decos . Connected in router mode.  He repeatedly tells me of the first addition of the whole family's phones.

Options
2020-01-13 10:34:30

Kevin_Z wrote

@DenniSundaY 

Thanks for your updates, glad to hear that you figured it out.

What about the notification of the new devices? Do you still receive the same message? What are the model numbers of your devices? 

Would you please show us a screenshot of the messages-new device detected page? 

Good day. 

@Kevin_Z  Here is a screenshot of the messages. It's in Dutch, but is says "a new device has been detected" and when you click on it it brings you to that device in the app:

It aren't new devices because they are connected 24/7. Some devices (like a mobile phone) sometimes get disconnected and connected again and maybe that triggers the notification. But then again, it has been paired and connected to the system for months and other devices are in use 24/7. Even the name I set in the Deco App are being used. For example: Brother Printer wasn't the default name; I assigned it myself.

Options
2020-01-13 12:06:59

@Brook here are my answers - by the way I have Maxis 300 Mbps and use Deco in Router mode

1. What's the led status of all deco units? i turned the 2 slaves off. The master is now red but a couple days ago quite sure it was green and I could test the internet speed whcih was about 300 Mbps using the tool in the Deco App but using other generic tools it was 0-1 mbps

2. What's your internet connection type? PPPOE and just disabled vlan and IPTV, dont think i need it (certainly not TV) and it said that the page had been updated due to firmware upgrade so I reckon it was enabled by the firmware update

3.  Have you checked if internet connection from main Deco is normal? not normal! turned the other units off and cant really get internet from main unit. havent tried with ethernet cable but doubt that will do any good, not the least that i now cannot test internet speed and LED is red

4.  Whether all clients connected to Deco network get extremly low speed? yes all clients, whether pc, ipad, phone dont get internet

a) To disable QoS, you need to remove high priority for all devices and select standard QoS.

b) no profile set up before or now

c) antivirus now disabled

I have had fast roaming on but turned off to see if that makes a difference, but still no luck

Help me please...!

Options
2020-01-13 18:05:23

@Rioja  I have done the same as the forero "Deni Sunday" .I have restarted the four Decos M5 of my system one by one. At the moment it works well and I no longer have those disturbing notifications. Good speed and do not detect anything strange`In a few days I will confirm results.

Options
2020-01-13 18:44:01

@Rioja I am sorry i have rushed, the notifications of new device detected appear, something that is not such, simply those that always have connetion

Options
2020-01-13 18:49:49 - last edited 2020-01-13 18:50:39

@Rioja Restarting all Deco’s doesn’t work for me either. Today I even got 2 messages about the same device at the exact same time...

Options
2020-01-13 19:00:54

@DenniSundaY  The same thing happened to me, I guess we have to wait for the next update 1.5.  Best regards

Options
Related Articles