M5 update 1.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M5 update 1.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M5 update 1.4
M5 update 1.4
2020-01-10 22:26:18
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4

Anytime else having stability issues after the update? I lose connection and have to open the app to get the connection to re establish. Can I go back to the old because I'm not liking this update.

Options
6 Reply
Re:M5 update 1.4
2020-01-11 01:40:58

@MannyFresh I am facing the same exact issue, once updated, I either very slow or no internet! Help! Can I revert the update!

Options
2020-01-11 09:29:07

@MannyFresh 

I have exactly the same in my M5.

Options
2020-01-13 04:28:08 - last edited 2020-01-13 04:29:29

@MannyFresh 

Hello, did you lose internet connection totally or the connection is unstable after upgrade? 

Could you please help us confirm the information below?

1. What's the led status of all deco units?

2. What's your internet connection type? PPPoE or dynamic IP? Whether you set internet vlan and IPTV?

3. Have you checked if internet connection from main Deco is normal? It would be helpful if you can unplug other satellite Deco units, connect your computer to the main deco via ethernet cable and Wi-Fi respectively, check the internet connection.

4.  Whether all clients connected to Deco network get no connection?

5. If the connection is unstable, please check the led status of Decos when you lose connection, and connect to the main Deco and modem directly to verify whether you can get internet.

6. You can swap the location of Deco units or switch slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go. Here is the instruction: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

@mr.dos So do you have the unstable connection/no internet connection issue after upgrade with the new device detected message? 

For the former issue, please help us to locate the issue with information mentioned above, and for the latter one, I have replied to you on another thread. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 04:30:09

@mlow 

Hi, our staff has replied to you on another thread you replied. Please keep in touch with him.

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 04:33:14

@Kevin_Z a similar thread here and i also provided the followings. 

The only internet connectivity that works is whatsapp, but even so images etc cant go through. All other application does not work.

1. What's the led status of all deco units?

green

2. What's your internet connection type? PPPoE or dynamic IP? Whether you set internet vlan and IPTV?

PPPoE, yes with vlan. Setup is described here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp2gbpb_NCg 

3.  Have you checked if internet connection from main Deco is normal? It would be helpful if you can unplug other satellite Deco units, connect your computer to the main deco via ethernet cable and Wi-Fi respectively, check the internet connection.

Yes, same issue. 

4.  Whether all clients connected to Deco network get extremly low speed? 

Yes all connected devices (wifi or LAN) has little or no speed. On other speed test app (not tplink app) upload and download speed is 0 (Note that tplink app's speed test shows fast speed). 

5. Please also kindly check your QoS, parental control and antivirus. Try to disable them to see if they help.

Yes, they are disabled. Infact antivirus was disabled by default, is this part of v.1.4 update?

Note that i've swapped, reset the deco units and the results are the same. I tried using an old router, the internet connection works fine.

Please advice when this is going to be fixed, I work from home and relies on internet heavily. 

Options
2020-01-13 14:22:02

@mlow I feel your pain. I have done everything you listed and still not stable. I changed a setting and it has helped but I still have moments of crappy connection. Change to access point in advance settings, that helped me.

Options