Streaming audio over powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-11 13:37:42
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hi,

I've just purchased the TP-Link TL-PA8033PKIT (1300Mbps). It's all connected and running okay but I have a problem. I want to use it to connect a Freesat box and a DLNA NAS device via ethernet to my router. The Freesat box connection works perfectly and I can stream TV without issue.

With regard to the NAS device, what I am trying to do is as follows:

Ipad running UpnP app to push music from my NAS device to the Ipad. To do this I now have the NAS device connected to my router using the TP-Link TL-PA8033PKIT and it (the NAS device) appears as a DLNA server on my Ipad UpnP app. When I select that server and try and play music, it buffers every few seconds so is unusable.

As an experiment I connected a laptop to the TP-Link TL-PA8033PKIT instead of the NAS device and selected it as my DLNA server on my Ipad app. I get the same buffering problem. I think therefore that the NAS device is not the problem. This seems to be further confirmed as I can also connect my NAS device or laptop wirelessly to my router and when I do that, music plays without issue on my Ipad. The issue therefore seems to be with streaming FLAC audio over the powerline adapters.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this as the ability to stream audio was one of the main reasons I bought the TP-Link TL-PA8033PKIT? I'm confused why TV seems to stream without issue but not audio.

I realise I can just resolve this by connecting wirelessly but occasionally the DLNA server drops out of the list of devices so I would rather it be hard wired to my router using ethernet.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 799

Replies: 0

Related Articles