Deco M5 connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-11 14:50:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Hi - i am desperate for some help. I setup the Deco M5 home mesh system. I have the main one connected directly to ethernet in the living room, one slave in the kitchen (about 15m away) and one upstairs. It is only a 2 storey 3 bedroom house.

Problem - so sometime I only get one bar wifi upstairs when I am only about 4m away from the slave in a different room. Othertimes it keeps going from 1 bar to 3 bars and the signal doesn't stay constant. Reguarly I find that internet connection has dropped. This is really a problem as it means I fall onto data.

I have tried all the reboots, firmware update etc and no luck. I have been advised that the only way to sort this out is create a new account and restart the whole system under a different account. This seems odd to me. 

Help gratefully welcome. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 connection problems
2020-01-13 08:16:32

@Harry123 

Thanks for your requesting, we will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

How do they connect to each other? By wired cable or wireless? 

Please verify which Deco you have connected if the signal strength is weak; you can go to Deco app and check the Linked Deco to get it. 

You can turn off the wifi and turn it on and verify whether it will connect to the closer slave Deco.

Regarding to the unstable connection, please help us to confirm the information below:

1. The led status of all Deco units.

2. When you lost connection, please connect your computer to the main Deco directly with other slave Decos unplugged and verify whether you can get internet from it directly. 

3. You can connect your computer to the modem bypass the main Deco to do a comparison analysis.

4. Besides, you can relocate the Deco units or switch the slave Deco to main Deco. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/ 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Deco M5 connection problems
2022-01-26 16:24:21

@Harry123 I'm having the same exact issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8431

Replies: 2

Related Articles