5Ghz - need to be able to set to 40Mhz or use DFS channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-12 20:38:47
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi

I cant get fast speeds all over the house as the Decos 5Ghz mesh sits right on top of the Sky Q mesh (this must be a problem for lots of UK users who dont have sky broadband). 

If I could set the Deco to use DFS channels, it could find a free chanel away from channel 36 (which Sky uses), or if I could set it to use 40Mhz I can do the same on sky and then they could each use one of the 2 low range non-DFS channels. 

Is this possible - is there any beta firmware available that gives more configuration options? 

If ot this device really needs to be sold with warnings in the UK that it may interefere with the Sky Q mesh.

Options
1 Reply
Re:5Ghz - need to be able to set to 40Mhz or use DFS channels
2020-01-13 06:00:16

@RWB66 

Hello, thanks for your requesting, Sorry to tell you that the feature to customize the wireless settings is not available now and the Deco does not support DFS channels. 

Back to your case, please help us to confirm the information below so that we can locate this issue and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network diagram? Do you use Sky Q and Deco two routers? 

2. Who is your ISP and what is the bandwidth you paid.

3. The actual speed you can get from the Deco. 

4. You can try to move the devices closer to the Deco or swap the locations of the Deco units. 

5. Besides, you can setup application QoS as standarad and clear all the high priority rules. 

Thanks in advance. Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1630

Replies: 1

Related Articles