Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 18:44:53 - last edited 2021-08-27 01:06:21
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20191014 rel.33289(4555)

I've faced basiccally two kind of problems. Am I received a faultly product?

1. Sometimes in some of my connected devices showing "no internet access" but at the same time the other routers connceted with same internet have internet access. 
  2. Sometimes Some device could not connected to the router but the wifi are showing in the list. After some time of tring it show "limited connection" even I'm setting beside the router.

Every time at the time of problem I instantly connected to my another router which is tplink TL-WR841N, connected to the main WAN and that was working perfectly. Archer c6 is connected with the WR841n with wire and dynamic IP setup.

The problem always fixed every time after restart the router. I need to restart the router almost two to three times a day which the other one is on from long time. I've even forgot when I've turned off my WR841N. 

Does I've received a faulty archer c6. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"-Solution
2020-09-17 03:50:02 - last edited 2021-07-28 01:59:22

For those who encounter issues with the wireless connection of the Archer C6, ensure you are running the latest official firmware first. If the issue persists, please verify what's the exact issue in detail, provide some basic info as follows:

1. Is the 2.4G wireless unstable or 5G unstable or all 2.4G/5G/Wired connections are all having issues?

2. If it is the 2.4G wireless that having an issue (disconnect/limited connection/no internet access etc.), try to disable the Smart Connect on its web interface and modify the wireless settings, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

​​​​​​​

3. If modifying the wireless settings on the router doesn't help much, customers may try to update the firmware we provided in the following thread, then disable the Onemesh feature on the router to monitor the connectivity and stability:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Recommended Solution
Options
234 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2020-01-14 08:28:15

@SubhX 

Hello, for now, it is hard to say whether this Archer C6 is a detective one, but we can do further analysis to locate this issue and verify whether we can fix it. 

It seems that the network connection from Archer C6 is unstable. Please help us to confirm the information below. 

1. The light status of the Archer C6 when it lost connection. Especially the internet led. 

2. Try to login to the web UI of Archer C6 and show us a screenshot of the advanced-status page even though there is no internet access.

3. At the same time, you can connect your computer to the modem directly and verify whether it can get internet; if so, please connect it back to the Archer C6 by wired cable to clone the MAC address under advanced-network-internet page.

4. Besides, please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

May it help. 

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2020-02-24 09:39:55

@SubhX hey, dear also the same problem here, sometimes it works fine and some time goes down...

I'm unable to understand the main problem regarding this technical issue, can to the team help me?

We use this router of tp-link to manage and run our GazabLyrics website over the internet, thank you!

Options
2020-02-24 18:15:07

@Manoj-Mehta Hello,

Mine has been became quite stable after replace the router. That was might be a defective one. 

Options
2020-03-30 00:10:36
I had exactly same problem. and google helped me to find here. same hardware same firmware. It happens to my two iphones and also my Mac. I have to disconnect the wireless and connect again to make the internet be accessible again. It looks to me a software issue.
Options
2020-05-08 23:32:25

@XGU did you find a fix?

Options
2020-05-27 18:14:28

@SubhX I bought the Archer C6 v2 in Dec'19. I had an OTA firmware update (1.3.0 Build 20200402 rel.52000(4555)) last week and post that I seem to have the same problem. 

After enabling Smart Connect 3 days ago, the config got corrupted. After restoring my previous config, it didn't get any better. I finally did a factory reset and configured my previous settings. I tried each change like DHCP, DNS, etc and noticed if things were ok. 

While things have stabilized now, but the 2.4 GHz band is problematic. In a day it happens once, all devices on 2.4GHz stay connected but show "No Internet". The resolution is either to restart the router. But since the Router reboot takes more time for this model, an easier way is either to disable and enable the 2.4 GHz band by accessing the Router through 5 GHz band. This can also be done by keeping the WPS button pressed for 5 secs (disabling the WiFi) and then repeating the same process to enable WiFi. The problem is in Smart Connect I am unable to change the WiFi channels.

I presume it is a Firmware issue and TP Link needs to provide a fix.

Options
2020-05-28 14:28:17

@SubhX 

Hi,had this issue in the past with my c6 EU Version. Must be a bug in 1.2.0. Try Firmware 1.2.1. 1.3.0 seems too buggy.  Firmware 1.2.1 is the release before 1.3.0. Good luck !

Archer AX73(EU)V1 in Router Mode to use OneMesh with RE300 (used as AP only)
Options
2020-05-28 15:02:52

I have the same issues, it started a month ago. It became impossible to work from home, I updated the firmware to 1.3.0 and it got even worse. ISP confirmed there is no issue on their side. The MAC address suggestion is useless. Never had the same issues with Assus routers.

Options
2020-05-28 16:49:09 - last edited 2020-05-28 17:41:19

EDIT UPDATE: I ordered the A6 not C6.
I just ordered A6 router (not C6) but appears it's same specs as the C6?
Maybe I send it back when I get it?

I just now looked and the Current 05-2020 firmware download for The C6 is Archer C6(US)_V2_191112.zip

with this bin file insided ->  ArcherA6v2_us_tw_c6us-up-ver1-1-5-P1[20191112-rel36515].bin

which is the exact same bin file that downloads for my A6 in the Archer A6(US)_V2_191112.zip

TP-Link's sales juggling act for theses versions are insane.

But more important what version firmware upgrade does that represent (?)
The file names don't seem to match previous posts version nums of 1.2.0, 1.2.1 or 1.3.0 ?

Options
2020-05-29 17:18:34

Things look stable now with Smart Connect disabled and both bands enabled with different SSID's. New devices connect to the 5G band and the rest connect to 2.4G band.

Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 64315

Replies: 234