Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
234 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2020-06-13 15:09:39

I can now confirm for sure that my last changes have finally stabilised my router with absolutely no drops in any band in the last 2 weeks.

Reiterating - Disable Smart Connect, keep different SSID's to both bands and change the Wi-Fi channel of the 2.4 GHz channel from auto to any of the non overlapping channels. I selected 11.

Do give a thumbs up if the solution worked for you.

Lahiri wrote

Things look stable now with Smart Connect disabled and both bands enabled with different SSID's. New devices connect to the 5G band and the rest connect to 2.4G band.

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2020-06-30 12:22:38

@SubhX 

I am experiencing the same issue with my C6 - "no internet access"  At my wits end and this connectivity issue is very inconsistent.

Options
2020-08-05 16:19:33

@SubhX  i have encounter the same problem on my new c6 archer. internet is working fine on my laptop but "no internet access" on my mobile phone .that too several times a day. also encountered that whenever i use vpn my internet restrict and again that same "no network access " happens. it only goes with rebooting the router. im on 1.3.5 firmware right now. if anyone have the solution then do post or mail it.

Thanks

Regards

Aman Abrol

contact.amanabrol@gmail.com

Options
2020-09-17 01:34:03

Hi Everyone,

I have the same exact problem, after the router updated to the latest version dated I guess last July 2020, after the update I started experiencing wifi connection issues, both on 2ghz and 5ghz, both are so unstable, I have carried out a complete reset, disabled smart connect, and all the added features on the new firmware, it'll work for a few hours and it will go back to the same problem. Just to be clear my router version is C6 V2 (EU). I was able to get the router to revert to it's first original firmware which is Archer C6(EU)_V2_180627. I used TFTPD64 and this guide https://www.computerbytes.co.nz/blog/unbricking-a-tp-link-router/ , proceed with caution though. I've tried using a straight through and a crossover ethernet cable, and both of them worked, router was connected to my windows computer directly, didn't use any switch or other router in between. But here is the extra step in order for you to boot to the TFTPD server:

1. Connect the power cable to the router, press and hold the reset button and turn the router on

2. Keep the reset button pressed until the WPS LED lights up

Hope this helps.

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"-Solution
2020-09-17 03:50:02 - last edited 2021-07-28 01:59:22

For those who encounter issues with the wireless connection of the Archer C6, ensure you are running the latest official firmware first. If the issue persists, please verify what's the exact issue in detail, provide some basic info as follows:

1. Is the 2.4G wireless unstable or 5G unstable or all 2.4G/5G/Wired connections are all having issues?

2. If it is the 2.4G wireless that having an issue (disconnect/limited connection/no internet access etc.), try to disable the Smart Connect on its web interface and modify the wireless settings, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

​​​​​​​

3. If modifying the wireless settings on the router doesn't help much, customers may try to update the firmware we provided in the following thread, then disable the Onemesh feature on the router to monitor the connectivity and stability:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-26 13:59:55 - last edited 2020-10-26 16:17:42

It seems i have the same problem.
I'm having 3 archers C6 in home network.
All are hardware version v2.0 with firmware 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555).
All devices have Smart Connect disabled 

I've changed 2.4 and 5G settings to separate channels and channel width:
2.4G uses channels 1,6,11 with 20Mhz width.
5G uses channels 36,40,44 with 80mhz width.

SSID's are separated for 2.4 and 5G.
Wifi works witohout problem on laptop with windows, but on smartphone with android it shows "Cannot connect to internet" on both SSIDs.
This persists until i manually select one of networks - then phone connects to wifi and internet is working. When i ge out of wifi range phone cannot connect again.

Options
2020-10-29 09:48:03

@SubhX 

Hello,

I have also problem with WIFI connection as described above.

Archer C6 stops to sending SSIDs of 2.4 i 5GHz networks. Many times I get info at my devices "no internet available".

I noticed that problem increased after uploading latest firmware (1.3.6).

At one of this Forum, I found tip to upload some beta soft - "ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-6-P1[20200611-rel33480].bin".

For now it seems that it works OK.

In my opinion - C6 with latest FV is very unstable!.

Please - do it something with this.

Options
2020-11-03 10:44:22

@Arkadio 

Hello, we would like to follow up your case and will try our best to figure it out. To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:
1. How many devices are connected to the C6, wired and wirelessly? Did they still get a valid IP address from the C6 or the internet? Can you do a ping test and show us the result when there is no internet? Below is the guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/
2. How about the internet LED on the C6, is it always solid green?
3. Try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless name, wireless password, wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/
4. How about the 5GHz connection, is it still working fine when the 2.4G disconnected from the internet?

Options
2020-11-03 22:06:07

@Kevin_Z

Hello,

At first I would inform you that above (test) soft ( 20200611-rel33480 ) do not solve a problem.

Below answers to your questions:

1. Usually, there is one device wired connected (TV) and let's say 8 - 12 wirelessly. How can I proceed PING when I do not have a WIFI connection? do you mean via LAN connection? For sure - internet from ISP works fine - I have tested it connected directly do ADSL modem (Alcatel I-241G).

2. Third diode - counting from left side - was turned OFF

3. I have changed a WIFI configuration a few times, different SSIDs, different channels numbers, width, mode - without success.

Attached you will find file with my current Settings.

4.Problem also concerns 5GHz band

File:
ArcherC6v220200902136n.binDownload
Options
2020-11-04 01:03:55

@Arkadio 

Hello, thanks a lot for all the detailed info.

We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options