Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
234 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2020-11-16 11:08:52

@Kevin_Z  / TP-LINK

Dear Kevin

it looks i hahve very similiar issue on ARCHER c6

i recently updated firmware to 1.3.6 from previous very very old ... (the one i have installed from the beggining when purchased jan 2019.so probably from 2018)

with new software i am noticing quite often wireless clients loose internet conection...

the internet is still ok on other devices but the choosen have access to wifi but no access to internet. (mainly one laptop and one mobile phone - independently form the 2,4/5 network

i already changed to have 2,4 and 5Ghz different and the same SSID

nothing helps

should i use backup and get back to old firmware - is it possible?? or wait for new firmware to appear very soon??

Filipex

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2020-11-18 09:47:21

@Filipex 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up again.

I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm, I hope it helps.

Options
2020-11-22 12:23:00

@Kevin_Z 

I believe, i have kind of same problem. Every 3-4 weeks, router shows no internet connection, green router led, which shows internet connection becomes orange. 2.4ghz and 5ghz connection dont work, wired connection also dont work. Where is 6-7 wireless devices and wired TV. Problem shows up after i update firmware to 1.3.6 build 20200902 rel. 65591. After rebot everything works fine for about 3-4 weeks.

Options
2020-11-22 14:00:06

@SupSun 

The latest FW Has a Bugs as you described. I am testing nie some beta version from TP Link support. IT is much better now. (rel. 60104).

Options
2020-11-22 14:52:45
Good to know devs are working in it. Need to be patient and wait for FW update .
Options
2020-11-23 03:19:42

@SupSun 

Hello, I have sent you a PM as well, please check and confirm, thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-23 12:34:03

Hello, 

I have the same problem with Archer C6 with newest avability firmware version. 

Once a day devices are disconnecting with WiFi. In devices WiFi network is visible, but nothing of them can't connect to WiFi. After restart router everything is ok. LED on router are green, all the time. 

My settings: 

WiFi 2.4GHz, WP2-PSK, AES, Smart Connect off, all channel with was testing, Channel 12, at other time 11 (per few days WiFi works ok on channel 11) 

WiFi GHZ disabled at all

Guest WiFi 2.4GHz 

Some ideas or news in this problem? 

Best regards Pawel
Options
2020-11-25 09:04:59

@P_W 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community again, can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?
1. Do you mean only the 2.4GHz wireless clients are disconnecting from the internet?
2. How many devices are connected to the C6 2.4GHz? Are all experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? If the devices disconnected from the 2.4GHz/5GHz and cannot connect back, what is the error message?
3. Who is your ISP? When the C6 lost the internet connection, please login to its web interface and confirm if there is still a WAN IP address, what is it?

Options
2020-11-25 09:52:40

@Kevin_Z 

My answers: 

1. Yes, only 2.4GHz wireless cleints are disconnecting, 5GHz wireless is disable all the time. 2.4GHz has set g/n type. 

2. 5 devices (two smartphones, two notebooks and printer). Two devices (smartphone and notebook) are connected to guest network, 3 devices to main network. In Windows device try connect to WiFi and not return any error message, in Linux (one notebook with Linux) error message is about bad password. 

3. Internet connection isn't lost. LEDs on router are good. After log in to router via cable settings of ISP are correct. 

Best regards Pawel
Options
2020-11-26 01:18:34

@P_W 

Hello, I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm, thanks.

Options