Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-01-09 18:25:16

FYI, just some feedback on my last few months with my C6

Up until the Beta being installed

- 5G always fine

- Wired always fine

- 2.4G periodically went down, 5-30 times a week, no particular pattern

Beta installed 2 weeks ago

- 5G always fine

- Wired always fine

- 2.4G always fine

Other points

- Only issues have been my Virgin Hub 3 router hanging (in modem mode), power cycle and it was back

My setup is a bit more complex as I have port forwarding , so I have

- Virgin router in modem mode

- Cat6 from Virgin router to the C6 (3 port forwards on C6, VPN, 80 & Minecraft) - DMZ

- Cat6 from the C6 to the TP-Link Deco X20(3-pack) Mesh  - No port forwarding, private side

Very happy with the stability/performance/etc, super fast wifi everywhere, bedrooms, garden, driveway, etc, etc .

Restarting the Virgin router once a week seems to help (very disappointed with the Virgin Hub3) , while frustrating to get to this point, everything now super stable

Hopefully the next firmware release means I can move from the Beta firmware back to something officially released/supported, but for now I'm fine

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-01-11 03:34:42

@PurpleD 

Hi, have you tried the beta firmware that we provided to disable the onemesh on the Archer C6? Give that a go then monitor, thanks a lot.

Options
2021-01-11 03:36:33

@CaptainKirky 

Glad to hear that this beta firmware helps with the 2.4G disconnect issue you were experiencing with the C6, please let us know if there is an issue, thanks a lot.

Options
2021-01-11 21:26:09

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

I have again problem with my 2.4GHz connection with latest official FW 1.3.6 - 60104.

I have tried o change router settings, DNS to 8.8.8.8 etc. but it does not help.

Help me - Please!

Options
2021-01-13 07:01:30

@Arkadio 

Do you mean the 2.4G connection on the C6 is still not stable with the latest beta firmware that we provided? How many devices are connected to the C6 2.4G, are all of them are experiencing the same disconnect at the same time? What are the devices?

How about 5G connection and the LAN connection on the C6, are they stable?

Try to modify the wireless settings on the C6, such as wireless channel and channel width.

Options
2021-01-13 07:09:04

@Rafat 

Have you tried to update the beta firmware we've provided here? Give it a go, then monitor.

If this beta firmware doesn't help, please confirm some details as below, then we can further analyze, thanks:
1. How many devices are connected to the 2.4GHz network, what are they? Are all wireless devices connected to the 2.4GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? If the devices are still connected to the 2.4GHz network but no internet access, please confirm if the devices can still get a correct IP address from C6, what is the IP address? Can you ping the C6 gateway and internet?
2. Try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/
3. How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the C6, or disable/enable the 2.4GHz wireless on the C6, or just wait, and it will reconnect automatically?
4. Please go to the Advanced>>System Tools>>System Parameter, then please disable the NAT Boost, check again if the issue persists.

Options
2021-01-13 07:12:30

@ELCSC 

Hello, thanks for follow-up, while we need more details for the issue you are experiencing since you have a different model.

Please verify if the Apple devices are connected to the 2.4G or 5G network, how about other devices, are they stable? You can also try to modify the wireless settings on the AX11000 as we just replied to Rafat.

BTW, who is your ISP? Please ensure you have a stable connection from the modem directly.

Options
2021-01-13 15:43:47

@Kevin_Z 

Sometimes It is connected 13 devices. Not all of them loose connection at the same time.

I checked ping with my laptop to www.google.com and 192.168.0.1 (router) at the same time and I loosed both of them (timeout) but I have connection to my WIFI. (Connection active - but without internet).  At my laptop software for router pinging works all the time - I can see that problem occurs more often when more devices is connected - especially TV at LAN port. Anyway I gry many times timout (timeout => 1500ms).

Devices are laptopa and mobiles. I do not know if 5GHz works on this time.

I have checked different channels settings without success.

All od diodes were green at that time.

If it is possibile please send me beta FW again.

Options
2021-01-13 19:37:04
I got the same problems, can you guys refer me to one of your engineers too?
Options
2021-01-14 02:02:49

@Arkadio 

Hi, thanks for getting back. Can I have the current router version on your Archer C6? 

How much bandwidth you paid for the internet? 

BTW,  the tech team was made aware of your issue, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
Related Articles