Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-01-14 02:03:36

@Umbra 

Kindly provide more details for us to understand your issue better, then we can try to help you. Thanks.

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-01-14 13:19:49

@Kevin_Z 

My Archer C6 is v2.0 (EU).

My bandwidth is 100Mb - upload/download.

Current soft od 1.3.6 Build 20201030 rel. 60104 (4555).

Options
2021-01-15 03:15:26

@Arkadio 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and respond. Thanks.

Options
2021-01-15 06:28:06
Same issue here, "no internet access" on most of the devices. I bought a new router yesterday - Archer C6. Installed it and connected all my devices to it. They all worked fine the whole day. I shut down the system at night. This morning started it, and all my devices connected to it fine. But only some devices showed internet connection. Most of my devices, though connected to the router, had no internet connection. I connected my old netgear router back and all devices are working fine. Looks like this router has an issue. I have asked for a replacement. I hope I get no issues with the replacement. I did a search on the net, and found this community. Please fill me in with any developments. I will update the same from my end. Thanks.
Options
2021-01-18 02:35:37

@Rafat 

Hello, sorry for all trouble caused.

Actually we don't have enough info about the issue you are experiencing, you are always talking about you have the same no internet connection issue and nothing works on it. If that is really the case, please contact the reseller where you bought it, check if it is still in the return window, if yes, they should be able to help with that, thanks.

If your reseller cannot help it, contact the local distributor Excel (It seems you are from BANGLADESH, if not, please ignore this), who will help you with this matter:

https://www.tp-link.com/bd/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Have a nice day.

Options
2021-01-18 02:41:28

@Wil_D 

Please kindly check if the replacement will just work in your network, then we can follow it up if the issue persists.

Please kindly provide some details if it still encounters an issue, thanks:

1. What is the internet LED status on the C6, is it orange or green when the internet stops on it? BTW, who is your ISP, what is the WAN connection type on the C6?

2. If the internet LED on the C6 is orange, please ensure the connection between the C6 and your ISP modem is good. 
3. If only the wireless is unstable, you are suggested to modify the wireless settings on the C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width and security settings.

Options
2021-01-18 13:49:46

@Kevin_Z 

HI Kevin,

I had drop out issues on my old single band Belkin router when many devices were connected to it over wifi at the same.  So my ISP suggested upgrading my router to a dual band Netgear or TP-Link C5 router.  He even gave me a dual band Netgear router to try out for a week and I had no issues with it what so ever.  So I decided to purchase a new router and found the TP-link C6 on Amazon.  I received the first C6 from Amazon, and did the basic set up by just selecting PPPoE connection to the ISP and entering usedid and pswd with all other settings set to default.  The internet worked fine on all my devices (no of devices listed below) the whole day with no issues.  Comes night, I turn off the router and start it the next morning.  All the devices connect to it, but no internet connection on any of my devices except the iMac.  I wait for half hour, still no internet on any devices.  Only my iMac has internet.  I assume a faulty router, and ask for a replacement from Amazon.  I connect my ISPs Netgear back and all is fine.  

Replacement from Amazon arrives (A brand new peice).  I connect it the same way, with the basic setup.  All devices connect to it, with internet on all devices working fine.  Again at night I turn off the router and start it the next morning.  The same issue - "No Internet" on any of the devices except my iMac.  I relate this issue to my ISP and he says he had heard of issues with the C6 and that is the reason he had suggested the C5 to me.  My Bad!  I thought the C6 was newer and would be better.   I've asked for a refund from Amazon and am returning the C6.  I'm going for the Netgear. 

By the way, the firmware version on the C6 was 1.3.6.

Clients connecting to router:  iMac on wifi, PC on LAN, 3 android phones, 1 iphone.

Options
2021-01-18 14:08:37
All 5 LED's were green. I had internet connection on the iMAC. It's all the other devices that didn't have internet connection.
Options
2021-01-26 08:06:57

@Kevin_Z Same issue with C6 US V2 

Options
2021-01-26 08:24:42

@taseen 

Hello, if the 2.4G wireless connection is not stable on the C6, please try some basic modifications and see if any helps:
1. Can you confirm if the 2.4G signal is disappearing, or it just drops, but you can still see it? How many devices need to be connected to the 2.4G network, are they dropping at the same time?
2. How did you recover the connection? Do you need to restart the C6 by powering it off then on?
3. Please check and try to change the 2.4G wireless settings on the C6 web page, run a Wi-Fi analyzer to verify which 2.4G channel is clearer, then try the channel on the C6 to that one. You can also change channel width to 20MHz, change security to WPA/WPA2-Personal, WPA2-PSK/AES, then reboot it and confirm.

4. You can also try to install the beta firmware I provided on #49, then disable the Onemesh on the C6 to confirm if the connection is stable.

Options