Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-02-25 07:58:30

@Kevin_Z  This is my speed test i got optic fiber to my house 500/250 mbs si on wifi i should get somewhere around 300/200 mb/s .

Yes i tried every single stuff on 5ghz setting  keeps dropping ,this test was done yesterday on my IPhone 12 pro max  . Before updating to the newest firmware 1.3.6 i had every thing perfect with the wifi the problem is i don't know what firmware i had :( .

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-02-25 15:26:03

@Kevin_Z , 

TPLink Archer C6 (US) drops the internet connection for few wifi clients. This happens at random time and rebooting the router is the only working solution that I found in last 2 days of usage. 

Details of the Hardware and Firmware

C6 is connected to a Modem+ Router provided by the ISP and the WIFI in the base Router is in disabled state.

Initial configuration was with Smart Connect enabled and both the 2.4Ghz ang 5Ghz share the same SSID. After going through the forum posts, I have disabled the Smart Connect and configured Different SSID for the 2 bands. Most of my devices are connected to 5Ghz. Since the devices lost the internet connection at random time, I tried to configure few in the 2.4Ghz SSID and observed that the "No Internet" is appearing there as well. Here is my observation about my router-> irrespective of 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz , the WiFi clients get the No Internet issue at random time. 

Appreciate if you could look in to this and provide any beta version of the firmware for testing. Since there is only replace option in Amazon, I am planning to keep this as the replacement router may also bring the same issues. 

3ESV

Options
2021-02-25 19:09:29

@Kevin_Z  Dear Kevin, 

Its been 6 months since we are facing this issues and device actually is unusable. 

There is anything new that will make that device work? 

With everything we bought it for disabled and still there are major issues with the 2.4Gz wifi. RE305 works far better (since i know use it as a AP only with everything disabled). 

TP link should serious consider to allow customers to return this devices and replace them with another model that actually works!!!!.. This is not some configuration issue on our side, but a device that is not working as advertised. 

Options
2021-02-26 07:03:05

@JemyBoy 

Do you mean you can get 550/250 mb/s when connecting a computer to the C6 via Ethernet cable to LAN? Or do you mean you can get 550/250 mb/s when connecting to the ISP modem?

Can you please confirm what is the link speed on the iPhone 12 Pro Max? Have you tried my previous suggestions to modify the 5G settings? Give it a go, please.

Options
2021-02-26 07:09:08

@3ESV 

Can you please confirm what is the internet LED status on the C6 when it displays a No internet access on the devices connected to the 5G network?

Have you tried to modify the 5G wireless settings on the C6, such as wireless channel and channel width? It is suggested to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel, then change the channel width to 40MHz, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

BTW, who is your ISP? What if you change the C6 into an access point, will the Wi-Fi work properly on it? You may give it a go and monitor.

Options
2021-02-26 07:11:35

@cakrit 

It seems your case had been escalated to the engineers already, it is suggested to follow it up via email and discuss with the engineer directly, I think they will try their best to work it out for you.

Options
2021-02-26 07:15:15

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Sorry for the delayed reply.

All the devices were connected to the 5 Ghz band but showed as 'No internet' in the Amazon FireStick and two Android phones but the internet worked fine in the laptop which was also connected to the 5 Ghz band.

The issue went on for 2 hours after which it started working again.

I am not sure whether the beta firmware will be of any help. But since it is a known issue and has been going on for months now, why can't we get a proper resolution to this from TP-Link? 

My router is just 45 days old and I am very disappointed at the moment.

Options
2021-02-26 07:37:26

@bridgekids 

Is your Archer A6 version US 3.0? How many devices are connected to the network most of the time, including 5G, 2.4G and wired connected devices? When there is a 'No internet' error, was the internet LED on the A6 green or orange?

Please check if they can still get a valid IP address from the network, you may check it like this: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/.

If they can still get the correct IP address from the network, please try to do some ping test as per this guide: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/. Try to ping the A6 and www.google.com, please show us the ping results.

Have you tried to modify the 5G wireless settings on the A6, such as wireless channel and channel width? It is suggested to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel, then change the channel width to 40MHz, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

BTW, who is your ISP?

Options
2021-02-26 15:10:20

@Kevin_Z  Yes i get 55-550/250 mb/s when i connect the pc through the cable to the archer c6 yesterday i downgraded  to firmware 1,1,0 also have some issues with the wifi i need ur help to give me the stablest firmware after or before the 1.1.0  plzz 

Options
2021-02-26 17:06:24

@Kevin_Z 

Internet LED status is green when few Wi-Fi clients loose the internet. To iterate again, internet connection is not lost for all clients, it is lost for few clients where as the others runs fine..

Yes, I have modified the 5G settings - channel Width is set to 40Mhz and the channel is now 153. These changes are made after verifying the Netgear WifiAnalyzer.   Unfortunately the "No Internet" issue still appears for few wifi clients and  this happens at random time. 

My ISP is Airtel and I haven't tried to configure the C6 as an access point. In my view the router should function properly in the default configuration, changing it to access point mode or running with reduced functionalities is not an option.

Options
Related Articles