Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-03-31 02:29:10

@popsslu 

Please try to describe the symptoms in as much detail as possible, then we will check further steps.

BTW, have you tried the beta firmware we provided on the previous replies? We have marked it as the Recommended Solution, which can be found on the first page.

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-03-31 02:36:09

@Kevin_Z Just tried the beta. It appears to be fine for now. 

Is it possible to be part of future beta releases? Also if possible, please let me know of the release notes for 1.1.8 rel52599 and it's fixes?

Options
2021-03-31 03:09:13

@popsslu 

Yes, there will be an official release in the near future.

Options
2021-04-02 06:03:01

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Any chance of getting the beta firmware for Archer A6 V3 model?

I think I am using the EU model here in India.

The one's posted before are for V2 and it is not letting me upgrade.

Options
2021-04-02 07:36:07

@bridgekids 

No, we don't provide beta for the Archer A6 v3. 

What is the issue you are experiencing? Please try to describe the symptoms in as much detail as possible.

Options
2021-04-02 07:41:43

@Kevin_Z Exact same issue as the others have mentioned here. Some devices show internet connection and some devices show no internet conenction. It happens on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. I have tried changing the signal bands and also disabled OneMesh feature. Also experiencing packet loss issue.

Options
2021-04-02 09:48:09

@bridgekids 

Is there any special activity that may cause the disconnect/drop out, such as high loading or downloading? What are the devices that encounter the disconnect issue? Please change the wireless security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then confirm.

How many devices are connected to the router at the same time? Try to disconnect some of them to verify if the connectivity is stable.

It is suggested to install and run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel for both the 2.4G and 5G network, then change the channel width to 40MHz for 5G and 20MHz for 2.4G, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

Options
2021-04-03 08:19:40
Did. Will report after few days. As you advised no one mash, but why? I let smart connect.
Options
2021-04-03 13:53:49
No, it does not help. 2,4 MHz network drooped again after only few hours. Your sh...y software....
Options
2021-04-07 07:10:57

@IvoP 

So after installing the beta firmware we provided, did you disable the Onemesh feature on the router? If not yet, please give it a go, then monitor again.

Just to confirm, do you mean the 2.4G network is not stable, and it just disappears? What are the devices connected to the 2.4G network? When it disconnects, can any device 'see' it? Have you tried to reset the router to factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch to confirm?

When the 2.4G disappears, how did you recover it, reboot the router? Is the 5G network stable?

Try to enable the 2.4G guest network, connect these devices to it, then monitor if it is stable.

Options
Related Articles