Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-04-10 09:49:03
Hi Kevin_Z. For one week it is stable both 2.4 and 5 GHz. I have disabled Onemesh as you advised after installing the beta. But after that it dropped again 2.4 GHz devices do not see it and to be able to connect I needed to change something for example disable 2.4 GHz for Guest network after while it dropped again and I enable 2.4 GHz Guest and it again become visible, reboot also works but is much slower and disconnects all obviously. After two days I disabled whole guest network and now for a week it is ok for main network for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with smart connect option meaning they use same SSID and pass.
Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-04-12 09:49:50
I've faced basiccally two kind of problems. Am I received a faultly product? Sometimes in some of my connected devices showing "no internet access" but at the same time the other routers connceted with same internet have internet access. Sometimes Some device could not connected to the router but the wifi are showing in the list. After some time of tring it show "limited connection" even I'm setting beside the router. Every time at the time of problem I instantly connected to my another router which is tplink TL-WR841N, connected to the main WAN and that was working perfectly. Archer c6 is connected with the WR841n with wire and dynamic IP setup. The problem always fixed every time after restart the router. I need to restart the router almost two to three times a day which the other one is on from long time. I've even forgot when I've turned off my WR841N.
Options
2021-04-13 02:30:42

@ks9824326149 

Have you updated the C6 firmware to the one that we provided earlier in this topic? Give it a go, and confirm if it helps.

BTW, is the C6 working as a router or an access point? You can refer to this guide to change it into access point mode manually, then check if the issue persists again:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/ (Case 2)

Options
2021-04-15 05:58:18 - last edited 2021-04-15 06:03:55

@3ESV @Kevin_Z 

Hello kevin,

I am also facing same issue on 2.4ghz.. Blocked Dos Host LIst blocking IP whenever i connect to my office VPN.  I have changed  Dos protection options from high to low. also limited connections to 2.4 ghz. switched my office connections to 5ghz. 

have you found any fix to this?

Options
2021-04-19 06:39:42

@RaYFx 

If that is the case, I'm afraid you need to disable the DoS Protection completely on the router to use the VPN connection. Our developer is reviewing the mechanism of the DoS Protection feature on the router, they probably find a way to improve it in the future.

Options
2021-04-20 02:39:28 - last edited 2021-04-20 06:08:18

@Kevin_Z 

Btb, Wirless schedule not working, turning off but couldnt turn on, time on sync. archer c6 v3.2, v:1.0.5 Build 20201117 rel.41066, any fix?

advise your developer to check Dos protection option to high with VPN connection along with Microsoft Teams video calls. During Covid times, you need to act fast as Technology related jobs relied on your devices. Is it safe to disable Dos protection? 

Options
2021-04-21 16:47:26

@Kevin_Z 

I had the same limited connection problem and had to restart the router. With this beta firmware I disabled the OneMesh and the problem was resolved. Thanks!

Options
2021-05-04 20:01:18 - last edited 2021-05-04 22:01:22

cool

I am on the latest beta and have no internet issue few times a day. I do use one ssid for 2,4/5. Fantastic journey with tplink. Tried every firmware and never had this brick stable for a day.

Any tips other than buying non-tplink router? :>

edit: hour later :) I separated my 2,4/5 (smart connect off) and connected to newly created 5ghz. Hour later my 5ghz network is not visible and I am using 2,4 :D

Can ANYONE from tplink test this crap and let us know how to get it stable or refund our money for this CRAP.

btw. on 2,4 max wifi download ~24MB/s and I see ping rises to 250ms. No wonder I sometimes got >1s when on a call and 5ghz. Probably cpu is not capable to handle simple download and prioritize teams calls over some windows updates.

Options
2021-05-05 07:51:39

@oulymouly have you tried the beta firmware? Install that if you haven't and disable onemesh. I haven't had any trouble in months on it now, no drops/disconnections and haven't restarted router for last 16 days. 

Options
2021-05-05 09:59:43

@mrshg 

I have bought my Archer C20 a few weeks ago. But there seems to have some bug in the stability. The connection sometimes shows "limited connection" and the 2.4GHz band is not stable. Is there any solution to fix this issue? 

Options
Related Articles