Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-02-23 06:03:04

@KingRabbid 

Yes, we are working actively on this issue, and I have sent you a PM, please confirm again.

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-02-23 21:14:02

Is there a solution to this issue as it seems to be a very common issue with TP Link routers?

My TP Link A6 Archer started getting similar issue from tonight.

Internet is working fine in my laptop but on other devices it shows "No Internet".

This is so frustrating.

All devices are connected through Wi-Fi.

What is the solution to this?

Options
2021-02-24 05:32:39

@Kevin_Z Hi, having the same problem with unstable 2,4G Wi-Fi connection I found here beta firmware for Archer C6 V2EU (ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-6-P1[20201030-rel60104]). Installation went without problems, router's stayed alive 1,5 days and than again connection dropped, so I had to connect my NB via wire, switch off 2.4G network from menu and switch it on again... The pity problem in may case is that I have a few IoT sensors connected via Archer C6 Wi-Fi and thus all measurements and control is over.

Don't you have any stable solution for this router and/or, at least, another modified firmware to try ?

Options
2021-02-24 10:28:38 - last edited 2021-02-24 10:30:20

@SubhX   @Kevin_Z Dose someone knows anything about this beta ?https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201208/ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-6-P1%5b20201208-rel52296%5d.zip . I have a huge issue with my 5ghz wifi keeps dropping and bad wifi speed 

Options
2021-02-24 12:08:26

@bridgekids 

Are all devices connected to the 2.4G network but display a "No Internet" error? How about the 5G and wired connection, are they stable?

How many devices are connected to the A6 2.4G, and are they disconnecting from the internet at the same time? Please check if they can still get a valid IP address from the network, you may check it like this: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/.

If they can still get correct IP address from the network, please try to do some ping test as per this guide: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/. Try to ping the A6 and www.google.com, please show us the ping results.

You can try to update the beta firmware that we provided previously on this thread to disable the Onemesh feature on the A6, then monitor.

Options
2021-02-24 12:13:36

@synekvl 

Have you disabled the Onemesh feature on the C6 after upgrading to the beta firmware?

Please also describe the detailed symptom about the 2.4G disconnect issue, such as how many devices are connected to the C6 2.4G, are they disconnecting from the internet at the same time, are they still showing connected to the network but no internet, or they are disconnect completely from the network, are they still see it, etc.

We will then ask our engineers to investigate the issue, and provide a solution, thanks.

Options
2021-02-24 12:16:32

@JemyBoy 

May I have the detailed network layout/diagram, how is the Archer C6 connected to the modem or other routers?

How about the wired and 2.4G connection of the C6, are they both stable?

If only the 5G disconnects, please try to modify the 5G wireless settings on the C6, such as changing the wireless channel to 36/40/44/48, change channel width to 40MHz, then reboot the C6 to confirm.

BTW, how many devices are connected to the C6 5G, are they all experiencing the same disconnect at the same time? Are they still see the 5G network after disconnect from it? Where did you get the beta firmware, please?

Options
2021-02-24 13:00:25

@Kevin_Z  my archer is connected to GPON Hawaii  i had old router Asus before updating ot to archer c6 v2 eu i had always about 310/220 mb/s  the archer was very stable at the begin i don't remember what was the old firmware on it so i update it and the problems started with the 5ghz i contacted with the tp support  the sent me this beta which i posted and the router now gives me speed 230/160 mb/s weird connection is good i get about 550/250 mb/s i get only 2 devices on 5ghz the 2.4ghz works fine a bit slow but probably ok 

i tried every single possible nothing changed same problem heavy slow 5ghz  .

Hope that u can help me 

Best regards 

Options
2021-02-24 17:05:40

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I turned off the Mesh just after I sent my message this morning, so I can't say if it has any influence or not - will report.

As far as to 2.4G connection concerns Archer C6 is connected to the internet via cable modem. I have about 7-10 wireless clients connected to Archer and up to 10 wired clients (directly or through switch). One of wired client is RaspberryPi running HomeAssistant. When the problem with 2.4G occurs, it lost connection both to collect wifi sensor's value and the transmition of control data to i.e. wifi light switch. When I'm connected to wifi network with my notebook in the same time, I'm loosing connection both to Raspi HomeAssistant on "local" network and outside to internet. Attaching the network cable I can get to the Archer menu and switch off/on 2.4G wireless network to restart it. Another indication is blinking LED on one wifi IoT device indicating lost of communication to HomeAssistant MQTT server....

So in my case, router works OK on wired connections (and most probably on 5G too) but it disconnectes time to time 2.4G wifi network only.

I will let you know how it works after disabling the Mesh.

For time being thank you for your time and reply

Cheers

Vladimir

Options
2021-02-25 03:05:26

@JemyBoy 

May I know what are the two devices that connect to the 5G network? Please show us the link speed on it, you can check it as this if it is a computer:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

BTW, can you please also tell me the brand and model number of the adapter on it? If it is a phone, please also tell us the brand and model, thanks.

Have you tried to modify the 5G wireless settings on the C6, such as wireless channel and channel width? It is suggested to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel, then change the channel width to 40MHz, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

Options
Related Articles