I keep losing my modem connection.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 19:30:18 - last edited 2020-01-13 19:32:02
Model: TL-WN823N  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

The device was working all good before, but I had to format my computer. Since then, I keep losing internet connection with this device. I re-installed drivers too. Sometimes while watching video on YouTube, sometimes while playing online games, I keep losing the internet connection. Sometimes this happens once in 30 minutes, sometimes I have it 3 times in 5 minutes. It's just that the connection fades away slowly. But I never ever had this problem on my smartphones nor tablets. But I realise now, I sometimes have this issue with my smart tv. Can it be because I have poor internet connection? If it is, how can I check it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:I keep losing my modem connection.
2020-01-16 09:49:38

@ertancanatik 

We will do some troubleshooting first, if the device does faulty, we can arrange you a replacement as the warranty policy.

1. What is the operating system of your computer ?

2. How often it drops out the connection? How do you make it back to work?

3. What about wireless signal strength? How far away does it from the main router?

4. What about other wireless devices? Do they drop the connection?

5. Try to move it closer to the main router cause the smart TV has the same issue.

6. Besides, if possible, we suggest you to change another USB port or another computer to do a comparative analysis.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2241/

Have a great day.

Options
2020-01-29 12:05:29

@Kevin_Z 

1. Windows 10 Build 1909

2. It drops out 1 to 3 times every 30 mins. Sometimes it's all good for an hour.

3. The router is right next to room's door and by looking at the router interface the SNR Margin at download is 8.2dB and attenuation is 19dB.

4. My smart tv loses the connection as well. It's as far as how far the computer is to the modem.

6. Changing ports does make difference ever so slightly and by my experience works well on USB 3.0.

Sorry for not posting for so long but I thought it was alright for a day or so and then forgot it.

Options
2020-03-13 05:37:19

@ertancanatik 

Hello, if the smart TV loses the connection sometimes, maybe the router's wireless network is not stable enough, you can try to change the router's wireless channel to 1,6 or 11, channel width to 20MHz. Then test the stability. 

For the adapter, you can try to reinstall the driver in safe mode. 

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 3