TL-WA850RE instability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA850RE instability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WA850RE instability
TL-WA850RE instability
2020-01-14 15:55:32 - last edited 2020-01-14 15:56:34
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20191206 Rel. 56929(6985)

I have bought this range extender a couple months back and it worked flawlessly. No evident issues of any kind. After updating to the latest firmware version I started noticing severe problems in my connection (i.e: ping spikes; packet loss; abnormal speeds).

Restarting the device seems to only stabilize my connection speed, however the other prominent issues remain. I have tried reverting to previous firmware updates to no avail. The instability persists throughout whichever version that I install.

I contacted the support desk and I was told that they would look into this, which often means that I have to find a solution myself. I was wondering if anyone who bought this device has suffered the same problems.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE instability
2020-01-19 08:01:54

@JRMC 

Thanks for your information. 

Please help us to confirm the information below so that we can do further analysis for the unstable connection and try to fix it. 

a. What's the light status of the 850RE and main router when the extender stops working?

b. How often it drops the connection, and can you see the extender's wifi at that time?

c. Please connect your computer to the 850RE directly when the connections drop out. And please check the IP address, default gateway and DNS server as the below instruction.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/
Note: Please show me the screenshot of the status-details page.

d. At that time, please connect your computer to the main router directly and test the IP, default gateway and DNS too.
Note: Please show me the screenshot of the status-details page.

e. How far away between the extender and main router And what's the wifi signal strength?

f. What is the model number of your main router also? 

Thanks in advance, and have a good day.

Options
Re:TL-WA850RE instability
2020-01-20 17:21:28

@Kevin_Z

a. & b. The extender doesn't stop working. It simply fails to work properly. The light is usually between 85% and 90% lit at all times.

c. My computer is connected directly to the device at all times. (I sent you the screenshot via private message.)

d. It's not exactly easy to connect my desktop to the router directly. They're far apart from one another.

e. Roughly 5~10 meters.

f. My router is a Huawei HG8247Q.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 2

Related Articles