Parental control allows blocked websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-16 23:30:00
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have block websites in parental control in the profile of my child.

despite the blockade it is still showing access of more than one hour to these sites.

reboot of the systeem did not provide a solution.

Anyone else have the same problem?

what is the solution for this bug.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental control allows blocked websites
2020-01-17 01:33:04

@Kcirtaprm 

Hello, may I know which websites you have blocked? And where did you see that it has been viewed more than one hour? 

Please list some examples of these blocked websites. 

And please show us a screenshot of the parental control settings page, including the time limits and filter rules. 

Once you added them into the blacklist, try to ping them and show us the results. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-20 22:47:04

@Kevin_Z

Please find enclosed screenshots of the time spent on youtube and Facebook while these were blocked  for this user.

I am unable to ping the website  from a mobile phone.

Thank you,

Patrick

Options
2020-01-21 13:53:01

@Kcirtaprm I do not block specific websites for my kids but, none have Facebook installed and the internet usage still shows Facebook.com for both.

My oldest has Messenger installed, which may explain this but, the youngest doesn't use it.

Furthermore, when I add up the total time of all the websites, it makes more than the total time the app says they spent on the internet.

Of course, having an app open in the background might explain that but, I don't think it explains everything.

My uneducated guess is that some of these links are some kind of trackers/redirect to other sites.

Both my kids use Instagram. Instagram and Whatsap are owned by Facebook so, chances are they send information and/or uses some tools from Facebook.com? This theory might be supported by the fact the Deco app also show a bunch of other links that are "tools" (API's?) like graph.facebook.com.

What is puzzling though is that, this morning, both my kids are showing 58 minutes on Facebook.com (which they don't have) but, one of them didn't even spend that much time on any other apps. This makes me wonder if there are Facebook trackers running in the background even when she's not doing anything?

I know I shouldn't be surprised but, ignorance is bliss sometimes...

Options