Deco M5: Ok to mount on wall?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-17 17:00:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: no clue

Is there any downside to mounting a Deco M5 unit on a wall?  (Assuming I attach it securely.)

I know (presume) there are no moving parts, and I *assume* the signal is broadcast in a sphere (not a cylinder or other shape), so I should be ok??

Thanks.

p.s., Wall mount approach: Going to use some Command Strips (the kind that are almost velcro-like..designed for mounting pictures).  Using a couple of fairly study ones for heavy pictures.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5: Ok to mount on wall?
2020-01-19 03:35:22

@JustAUser 

Hello, you can mount the Deco M5 on the wall; the signal broadcasted in a kind of sphere shape.

While considering the signal strength on the vertical direction is weaker than the horizontal direction's one, the wireless performance of your clients will be affected to some extent.

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-19 04:28:15

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks. So, if I understand, the signal is a sort-of-sphere, with a “horizontal bulge” (in terms of strength) assuming sitting level on a surface. 

p.s., On the mounting strips: It appears the Deco has vents on the bottom so when attaching mounts I be  sure that there is still air flow. 

Options
2020-01-20 02:18:23

@JustAUser 

Thanks for your valued reply; 

For more information about the wifi range, you can read this article. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 15192

Replies: 3

Related Articles