Hangs up several times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-18 11:43:08
Model: Archer C55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 150428 Rel.75843n

Hi

its actually a 

Archer C5 v1

3.14.3 Build 150428 Rel.75843n. I use it as a WLAN router behind my DSL Modem. In principal it works. But it keeps crashing/hanging up several times a day. I can not access the web interface anymore. It also causes the Internet connection of all devices connected to itself AND the DSL model to interrupt. I asume an invalid interaction with the DSL model causes a hickup. When I turn of the Archer with the power button, the Internet connection of all the device directly connect to the DSL modem are available again immediately. Once the Arcer has started up again (which takes several aggrevating minutes) the WLAN devices get connected again. After a couple of hours the same crap again. Either a SW bug or the device overheating or whatever. No error indication in the logs. Besides that: 2.4GHz reach and performance is bad. 5GHz just not usable. Media service unusable with a decent size media library. Last FW available from 2015.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Hangs up several times a day
2020-01-19 07:13:29

@hjr 

Hello,  we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

May I know who is your ISP?

What is the light status of the C5 and the DSL modem(especially the DSL light) when the connection drops out? Can you get internet from it via wired cable at that time? Please connect your device to the modem directly to do a comparison test as well.

When the network stops working, please check the IP address and default gateway with your computer connected to the modem/router separately and show me the status-details page. Instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

At that time, please login to the web UI of the Archer C5 and take a full screenshot of the Advanced-status page; and go to advanced-system tools-system log  to save and export it to us. 

Have you ever tried to change the wireless settings to customize the wifi performance? Like wireless channel or channel width?

Besides, when and where did you buy this Archer C5?

Good day.

Options
2020-01-19 22:45:54

May I know who is your ISP?

>> Vodafone Germany

What is the light status of the C5

>> don't know. I haven't checked it.

and the DSL modem(especially the DSL light) 

>> don't know. I haven't checked it.

when the connection drops out?

Can you get internet from it via wired cable at that time?

>> No. The devices connected directly connected to the DSL modem also don't have a connection anymore

Please connect your device to the modem directly to do a comparison test as well.

>> See above. My computer is always connected to the DSL modelm all the time

When the network stops working, please check the IP address and default gateway with your computer connected to the modem/router separately and show me the status-details page. Instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

At that time, please login to the web UI of the Archer C5 and take a full screenshot of the Advanced-status page; and go to advanced-system tools-system log  to save and export it to us. 

>> I can't login. IP accesss doesn't work anymore.

Have you ever tried to change the wireless settings to customize the wifi performance? Like wireless channel or channel width?

>> Yes. Didn't really help.

Besides, when and where did you buy this Archer C5?

>> I bought on Amazon. I lived with the problem for quite a while now. 

Good day.

Options
2020-01-20 17:32:44 - last edited 2020-01-20 17:34:12

Never mind: I was sick and tired of fixing trashy, overprized crap that never ever made beyond beta quality.. Life is too short to further bother with TP-Link garbage.

Who want's to waste it's precious life time lookuping some LED light codes of a router?

So I bought myself a Fritzbox. Costs the same - but instead if simply works.

Options