Unable to use Ethernet Backhaul when IPTV is enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-19 06:33:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

I’m using Deco M5 in Router mode with latest firmware.

I have problem to use Ethernet Backhaul from main deco to slave deco when I enable IPTV/VLAN. It will always use Wireless Backhaul even I have direct Ethernet connection between main and slave deco. 

I did try to disable IPTV/VLAN but it becomes no internet access in both deco. 

Is there a way to overcome this?

Please help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to use Ethernet Backhaul when IPTV is enabled
2020-01-20 02:13:24

@rjongks 

Hello, do you have any IPTV service? Or do you connect any IPTV to the LAN port of the Deco M5? 

How did you setup the IPTV/VLAN feature? Could you please show us a screenshot? Depending on the configuration parameters the LAN port may not work for common network devices, like computer, but for IPTV service only.

Good day. 

Options
Re:Unable to use Ethernet Backhaul when IPTV is enabled
2020-01-20 14:55:49

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for reply. Please check my reply in Red.

Hello, do you have any IPTV service? Yes I do have IPTV service come with internet provider, but I do not use it so it can be disabled if needed.

Or do you connect any IPTV to the LAN port of the Deco M5? My Deco M5 have 2 ethernet port at the back. First port I use to connect my service provider modem to my Deco. Second port I intend to use it to connect to my switch to allow my network to access internet.

How did you setup the IPTV/VLAN feature? Could you please show us a screenshot? See below.

Depending on the configuration parameters the LAN port may not work for common network devices, like computer, but for IPTV service only. I try to disable IPTV, but my Deco become no internet connection if I do so. 

Is it by enable the IPTV/VLAN my slave deco was unable to use Ethernet Backhaul as highlighted in screenshot below?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1422

Replies: 2

Related Articles