client reporting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

client reporting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
client reporting
client reporting
2020-01-19 18:03:51
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest

Hi just got new Archer C4000 when I check the connected clients it reports my SkyQ & both mini boxes as wired when infact the main Q box is set wireless ( no ethernet cable ). Has anyone got ant ideas why this is.

Options
3 Reply
Re:client reporting
2020-01-20 03:10:22

@BigPaul 

Hello, what is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

What is the operation mode of the Archer C4000? Is it regular router mode or access point mode? 

Besides, may I know where did you see this message? Please show us a screenshot of it. 

Meanwhile, does it affect the actual performance of the main router? 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-01-28 16:36:34 - last edited 2020-01-28 16:40:05

@BigPaul 

I have exactly the same behaviour with my C2300, Sky Q silver box + 2 mini's and a Sky wireless booster all show as wired clients although only the Sky Q silver is actually connected via ethernet cable. All below are Sky products bar FMS which is a NAS device.

The c2300 is in router mode, I am having connection problems with dropouts even on the ethernet connection. The Sky mini devices connect via their own Mesh network to the Sky Q silver box but also connect to the router wirelessly.

It's all wrong and needs to be fixed please.

Options
2020-01-28 17:14:18

@Grizgut 

This is my wireless network. Virginmedia and Virginmedia N5 are the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks produced by the C2300. I have changed the channels so that there is no interference. The items towards the botttom I'm assuming are my neighbours.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 342

Replies: 3

Related Articles