AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router getting disconnected and need reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-20 12:52:07
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 151014 Rel.49676n

I lose the internet connection after every few hours and need to reboot the router. I have got the Modem replaced with a brand new one and still have the same issue. If I reboot the router then the internet comes back and works fine for some hours.It worked fine for few years till almost 20 days back and this problem started.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router getting disconnected and need reboot
2020-01-21 03:30:50

@AKRouter 

Sorry for the trouble caused, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

May I know who is your ISP?

What is the light status of the C7when the connection drops out? Can you get internet from it via wired cable at that time? Please connect your device to the modem directly to do a comparison test as well.

When the network stops working, please click here to check the IP address and default gateway with your computer connected to the modem/router separately and show me the status-details page. 

At that time, please login to the web UI of the Archer C7 and take a full screenshot of the status page, and go to advanced-system tools-system log to save and export it to us. 

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/ 

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router getting disconnected and need reboot
2020-01-21 17:33:15

@AKRouter 

I have the same issue!! But this happens with the Archer C20

Options
2020-02-06 22:43:13
ISP - SPectrum C7 lights - out of 2 bands, only when the Internet (left) sign seem to blink and another one (right) just stops.
Options
2020-05-22 21:54:44

@AKRouter 

Observe to see if the router gets hot or any heat issue. Next, try reducing the WiFi Transmit Power to low and see if the router is any cooler. Furthermore, turn off the WiFi signal all together and observe if the router is cooler than before.

I have an Archer C1200 V1, and noticed the router was very hot. Yes, the router rebooted every so often. I had to use a USB fan to cool the router. However, I decided to investigate further why this is. First, I reduced the WiFi Transmit Power to low and noticed the router is cooler. Next, I turned off the WiFi completely and the router is much cooler. Finally, I reset the Transmit Power back to high and sure enough, the heat was tremendous and a USB fan is needed to cool the router (using the router USB port).

I hope the above helps you troubleshoot the issue.

Options