P9 - Lack of ability to disable 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-20 16:02:29
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

Hi all,

I purchased the Deco P9 kit back on the 5th of December 2019. I have some devices around the house that do not support 5GHz and I have not been able to connect these to the Wi-Fi since then, it is very suprising that such a feature to disable the 2.4GHz on the P9 is missing. This is a feature on almost every Wi-Fi system I have seen and I just don't understand why this was missed on the product release.

Your website states that these features will be released in a future firmware update however I've not seen any communication from TP-Link on when this will be released. I now have 11 days to make the decision on whether or not I'll return this system and go with an alternative solution. Can someone please confirm when I should expect this crucial feature to be added, 'the future' just isn't ok.

Thanks,

Luke

Options
4 Reply
Re:P9 - Lack of ability to disable 2.4GHz
2020-01-21 02:23:38

@Insidiouzz 

Hello Luke, theoretically, the devices that do not support 5GHz can still detect the 2.4GHz of the Deco P9, you can try to disable fast roaming and turn on the main Deco only to verify whether it works. 

As you know, the new firmware for Deco P9 will be released to support some new features as well; while we are sorry to tell you that the estimated supporting time is still unsure; You can keep an eye on Deco app or the official website for the update. 

Or you can return it and get another Deco product which supports this feature already. Like Deco M9 plus V1, Deco M5. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-30 09:11:38

Returning today in favour of BT Premium Whole Home WiFi.

TP-Link really had a great opportunity with this product, being one of the only products on the market to include powerline by default. Instead, as many other posters have mentioned, we the consumers are the alpha testers of this product. How this was released without proper features implemented is completely unknown to me.

Options
2020-04-07 22:18:07

@Insidiouzz I will also be returning the P9s as it is completely incompatible with SkyQ, interfereing on 5GHz.

Desparately needs the ability to tirn off 5GHz WiFi or use higher channels. Really disappointed!

Options
2020-04-21 01:17:16

No ability to disable 5GHz wifi? Fail! That is a p0 feature. *Anyone* who uses wifi connected devices knows that disabling 5ghz is an absolutely must have for many clients, never mind 2.4Ghz. Return, but a sad one: I was looking forward to this working on this product.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1630

Replies: 4

Related Articles