Deco M4 In AP mode cannot connect Eufy Smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-20 18:02:58 - last edited 2020-01-25 16:09:43
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have set up three DECO M4's this weekend connecting them to my Plusnet Home hub.  Using them in AP mode (as apprently you cannot use the Plusnet in Bridge mode).  Wifi on the router is turned off and I have my Hue lights and Hive connected via ethernet to the Plusnet.

My problem is my Eufy plug will now not connect to the new DECO wifi.

I have tried re-setting it and also deleting and re-installing the app.  I have also tried turning off the 5ghz so that it just has the 2.4 to get it connected but non of this has worked.  I have contacted Eufy support but in the meantime thought I would ask for help here.  I really like the Eufy smart plug as I have it set up as part of my media centre routineand don't want to give up on it.

Can anyone suggest anything for me to try?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 In AP mode cannot connect Eufy Smart plug-Solution
2020-01-25 15:30:40 - last edited 2020-01-25 16:10:04

Hmm looks like I have just solved.  I switched Fast Roaming off and it now works... seems it doesn't like Fast Roaming

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M4 In AP mode cannot connect Eufy Smart plug
2020-01-21 02:16:41

@Wolliwuk 

Hello, can it detect the Deco's wifi when you setup the Eufy plug? Is there any error message if you failed to connect it to Deco's wifi? 

Try to disable fast roaming and turn on the main Deco only to give it a shot. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-01-25 15:25:34

@Kevin_Z 

Hi It worked fine when I swutched off the fast roaming and the other two Deco's but as soon as I switched them back on again the Eufy plug has gone offline

Any help appreciated 

Options
2020-01-25 15:28:42
Also when I initially had the M4's set up in the default mode it worked but when I switched them to AP mode (which I have to have as my router doesn't work in bridge mode) that's when it stopped working
Options
Re:Deco M4 In AP mode cannot connect Eufy Smart plug-Solution
2020-01-25 15:30:40 - last edited 2020-01-25 16:10:04

Hmm looks like I have just solved.  I switched Fast Roaming off and it now works... seems it doesn't like Fast Roaming

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1569

Replies: 4