TD-W9970-Fortigate: VPN is UP on both side, but NO traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-21 16:22:09 - last edited 2020-01-23 18:28:37
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v009f.0 Build 190419 Rel.34272n

Hello everybody,

this is my 1st post.

I'm going to setup a VPN IPSec Site-to-Site between a TD-W9970 and a Fortigate 30E.

For this circumstance, I took the internet from the WAN, setting the router as "Wireless Router Mode" in the "Operation Mode" section. So no ADSL connectivity. But that matters little or nothing

VPN goes UP, on both side. But no ping/traceroute in both directions. Seems to be a routing problem. 

Firewall is off, for knowledge.

This is my umpteenth VPN, with Cisco, Fortigate, Ubiquiti, Mikrotik, but the first on a TP-Link Router.

And I bought on Amazon 8pcs of TD-9970

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

==== UPDATE ====

After some test, the problem still exists, but if I use DSL as WAN connection, VPN goes UP with traffic. 

So it's official. These routers have a bug.

10 VPN? But when ever!

And now I either send them back (with Amazon review) or use them as paperweights

==== UPDATE 2 ====

the router has an atiypical behavior: when I set up the VPN, as happens on many routers, it doesn't goes up immediately, but at first traffic request.

In fact, only when the first ping has sent with an IP address to remote subnet, VPN goes UP.... but this and next pings has no response.

So at first it seems that the routing is correct, but only to put the VPN in UP. Then zero traffic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1415

Replies: 0