Archer VR2800 Poor 2.4G Performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-22 16:54:20
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I recently bought an VR2800 DSL Modem/Router as for years people have been saying that the Routers your ISP provide are sub standard. So i decided to invest in the best that TP-Link offer in the combo router. It was very easy to Setup and get going and i was really happy. Walking 7 Metres away from the router and i saw the WIFI Signal drop down Two bars, usually with my BT HomeHub i have a full signal. So i set that back up and it was at full bars so i decided to do several speed tests and recorded 55 Down 19 Up. So i switched back over to the archer VR2800 and did several speed Tests in the same spot and got 33 Down 19 Up. While i must say that i was really happy with the choice of User Options and Settings but £150 is dear for a bit of Software. In fairness the Archer was quicker on 5ghz by 4 or 5 Mbs and if it had been slower on 2.4ghz by that then that would have been fine but 20 Mbs is Massive Difference. Both routers were put in the same. Is this normal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 755

Replies: 0