AC1300 keeps dropping since i upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-23 19:56:20
Model: USB Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ?

Since i have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 my connection keeps dropping.

It's reaching a point where it is becomming unbareable.

I have searched the internet and many have this issue but i have yet to find a solution that works.

Does anyone have any suggestions...

Options
16 Reply
Re:AC1300 keeps dropping since i upgraded from Windows 7 to 10
2020-02-05 08:23:34

@Patrick_de_WIjs 

Hello, what is the model number of the AC1300?

Have you ever installed the driver for Windows 10 after you upgraded it?

You can move it closer to the main router or customize the wireless settings of the main router to improve its performance.

Besides, you can refer to the instruction below to do further analysis.

What should I do if the TP-Link network adapter is not working properly in my computer?

May it help.

Options
2020-02-06 19:59:45

@Kevin_Z 

Yes i have installed the windows driver.

I cant relocate the router (sadly).

Model: Archer T4U(EU) ver. 3.0

P/N: 0152502254

IT worked fine under Windows 7

I saw that in stead using DHCP setting the network values fixed would help.

For a moment it did but after some issues windows resetted my network settings  (Troubleshoot problems) and its back to DHCP.

I tried not using my VPN (Nord VPN) but that did not seem to make any difference.

Curently it seems to be ok (knock on wood) but i dow get occassional dropouts but not as often as in the beginning of my upgrade to Windows 10.

Since its ok. I'm afraid to touch it. while its ok i would not call it reliable. For games however this is important. 

I got this one because  of the good reviews and high performance.

The son of my girlfriend (in the same house) has one as well (also windows10) and his seems to do fine.

On a side note on my ethernet i have my NAS (Synology DS411+) and i tried to bridge my connection This opens up a whole new can of issues in terms of stability and internet access. But i will admit i can't confirm that this is related to my initial issue. I know my way around a computer (i started with DOS 3.21) but so far i have been unable to pinpoint the issue.

Options
2020-02-13 11:17:44

I have the same problem with my T4U v3

Windows keeps using the "TP-Link USB-Adapter driver"  "date: 25.10.2018" the date is important later.
This driver does not work very well. It produces dropout every 5-10 seconds (recogniseable in gaming and downloads)

I´ve installed the driver from the TP-Link support page. "date 12.02.2018" now it works fine.

The problem is the following: Windows uses the newer driver with every reboot. 
The newer driver is a generic driver from microsoft. Not from TP-Link.

so in order to fix this problem you need to uninstall the generic driver and reinstall the TP-Link driver.

Please release a newer Driver @TP-Link!! so windows can pick always the newer one and therefore the right one.
(Just edit the date an resign it, that should do it). Btw the TP-Link driver works fine in all aspects.

Options
2020-02-13 20:48:17

@KnutK 

Ok i went from:

TO:

Have to see what this does to my stability and if windows doesn't decide to renew the driver. As i recall having done this before since i had to uninstall my tp-link drivcer after uninstalling my device.

Options
2020-02-28 12:38:19

@Patrick_de_WIjs  @Kevin_Z 

Exactly the same reported as many users included my self.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/174450?replyId=368198

It does not hold, windows 10 reverts the driver.

TPLINK PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Options
2020-02-28 17:09:28

@L4nz @Kevin_Z 

The story continues.

When i put the USB dongle of my strepson reception immediatly increased so did the speed. (it doubled) sop i send my dinbgle back for repairs.

Stil Reception was HORRIBLE. Here at the attick as well as in the bedroom or living room. I was fed up wioth all the issues so i bought M5 Deco a set of 2.This solved the issue partialy.

I Ended up buying a 3th unit for the attick. (I know im anidiiot i should have bought the 3 set from the beginning) Annyways. The M5 Deco is 1,5 meter away from the dongle and reception was still horrible even on the bedroom of my step son.

So i put a cable in the M5 unit and in my PC.   BAM!!!! 

NEVER EVER had i such good internet here in the attack and my stepson did the same.

My wifi issues are solved though not in the way i wanted. I have 1 dongle im not using anymore and i have a brand new one in the box (unopened).

So the wifi connection between the deco units is good but the dongle is crap. (at least the reception is).

So all in all it costed me over 300 euros in total of wich 80 bucks was wasted on dongles....

Im conflicted as what to think of these wifi dongles...... 

Options
2020-03-01 02:28:20

@Patrick_de_WIjs 

These dongles are not recommendable now with latest windows update and this crappy drivers.

You will get no value for the money.

I did a test yesterday, I format my computer install all from cero, prevent windows update drivers, but as soon as I plug and plug in the thing it reverts back the driver.

Today I will go buy another brand... never again TPLINK

Options
2020-07-19 08:59:04

@Patrick_de_WIjs to everyone who's having issues when using the T4U, don't use the TP-Link provided drivers, are CRAP, the most understandeable thing is to know wich chip uses the T4U V3, and thats in fact a Realtek RTL8812BU

So the next thing is to downoad Realteks driver (https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812bu-software) and decompress the intended system driver (my case is Win10 X64), do not install the provided exe, it will not recognice the product.

Then delete Archer T4U software, and make a custom driver install from over the windows default via Dev Manager.

THIS FIXES ALL ISSUES WITH THE INTENDED DEVICE, JUST REMEMBER, when selecting the drivers for W10X64 it will provide a lot of drivers for Realtek WLAN products, search and install RTL8812BU.

Options
2020-07-26 20:54:48 - last edited 2020-07-26 21:37:13

I was able to use the Realtek driver, but the same problem still persists.

I still have occasional drop out every exactly 10/20/30/40/50s while playing a game. It is very likely an issue with the Archer T4U because I have tried the same wifi on a laptop with internal wifi hardware and it works perfectly fine.

Options
2020-07-26 23:36:33 - last edited 2020-07-26 23:37:40

I tried to ping some random IP while playing the game (the IP you find when using netstat command in cmd) and it seems like the dropout happen every exact 20 seconds apart. It shows as a sudden increase in input delay ranging between 700 - 1400 ms (to some IP that I tested with ping command in cmd). So I guess it was not enough for the ping to be counted as a request timed out and hence a loss packet. Once I stopped the game, the ping went back to normal thereafter.

I tried 3 different drivers: Windows default driver 25-10-2018, TP-Link driver 12-02-2018 and Realtek 8812BU. The Windows default driver is the worst since this problem occurs more frequently than other drivers.

This is definitely an issue with the Archer T4U V3. I have been reading all the questions asked on this forum and tried every measure for the last few days but none has worked so far.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5985

Replies: 16